Coffee Chat!

Hi friends!!

Happy Wednesday!!

How is your week going so far??
We're doing well over in our neck of the woods...just cruising along with a pretty uneventful week...which I am SOAKING up! :)

Thought it would be fun to just have a little fun chat today.
Hopefully you are sipping on some coffee or your favorite beverage of choice while you are reading all of my random ramblings! :)
My daughter Celine asked me for a "pants romper thing" this past Sunday :) My oldest daughter Charlotte has a cute pantsuit and Celine was pretty adamant she needed one too!
I was at Walmart yesterday and saw this ADORABLE chambray jumpsuit and despite Celine absolutely not NEEDING any kind of clothing...promptly put it in my cart. It was just too cute to pass up!
I surprised her with it when she came home from school yesterday and she was SO excited!
I mean...could it be ANY cuter?!?
You can find it HERE online!!
Speaking of jumpsuits...I do not own one. But...I see so many women wearing them and raving about how comfy they are!! I just don't know if I could pull one off?!?
We are traveling to Texas next month and I was thinking this jumpsuit could potentially be perfect for our day of airplane travel. I would wear a cardigan or a denim jacket over it.
I am going to try it in both a small and medium and see how it fits! I will report back and let you know what I think!!
Ok. I have been trying SO hard to be a better reader this year. 
And it is just not going that well. HA!
I am very good about reading my daily prayer books and Aaron and I are actually currently doing a plan for Lent where we are reading a chapter of the bible everyday (which we are LOVING). But when it comes to just good ol' plain fiction....I just can't stay interested!!
I saw this book recommended by Shay Shull and it was available at my library...so I checked it out!
FRIENDS. I have already had to renew it once and I am only in the middle of the second chapter!! It's not a terrible book...but I also don't find it that great.
Sooo...I will probably return it to the library and hopefully find another book to check out and give a try! Any recommendations you would like to give me would be greatly appreciated!!
I would love to know..am I the only one who has the greatest intentions of being a "reader" but can never just finish a dang book?!? HA! 

I have a subscription to "Real Simple" magazine and they had a fun feature of must have cosmetics. They mentioned the LBK brand of nail polish and I was so excited to find it at my local Walmart! It was a similar price point to Essie and OPI- each nail polish was $7.47.
I put the pink on my toes...which by the way, I haven't painted since last October. YIKES.

I was VERY pleased with color and how smoothly it went on! Definitely compared to the quality of Essie and OPI in my opinion! And the biggest selling point to me is that it is vegan!
I am obviously not going to win any awards for my at home manicures...but I love this color!
In the picture..the color is coming off very gray...I would say in person it has more of a purple undertone! It's super pretty !
I don't know if I ever mentioned this...but I had to take a break from getting dip manicures. I know I shared about how much I loved the dip manicure I got a couple of months ago...and I had every intention of getting another one! But when my polish finally came off...which was about 3.5 weeks after I had my manicure...my nails were WRECKED.
Which I was so surprised about...because I was under the impression dip manicures were supposed to be healthier than a gel manicure!
Have any of you had that experience with a dip manicure??

Needless to say...I am taking a little break before I get another one just to make sure my nails get completely back to normal!

Ok...jumping from nail polish to a yummy recipe...because that's a natural transition...HA!

My husband isn't a huge fan of gyros but my brother is...so I sent this recipe over to my sister-in-law a couple of days ago because it looked SO good and SO easy!!

Speaking of yummy meals...you need to go check out my friend Whitney's post from yesterday where she shared 6 easy dinner ideas. She has the BEST meal ideas and all of her meals are SO simple and major crowd pleasers!!

Okay...I had planned to ramble some more...but I have to get going with the rest of my day :)

Hope you have the BEST day!

Linking up with StefanieKeriMauriSarah, and Lindsay today!




Comments

  1. I usually get gel manicures from Thanksgiving to New Years and Easter to Memorial Day. This year I extended my gel manicures from Thanksgiving to this week due to other events and my nails are so weak! I use Sally Hansen Gel Rehab for a week or so after I end my gel manicures and it really helps. My nails are stronger afterwards. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Flatshare, but also thought it was a little slow. I have gotten to where I can barely read a regular book anymore because I love audiobooks so much. I have to force myself to sit down to read a book, while I can listen to a book while walking, cleaning etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That romper is so cute!! Olive has never tried one, but maybe she'd be a fan if I surprised her with one. I always have the best intentions of being a reader, but I just can't get into a good routine. I have a stack of books that I want to read. My desire to actually make it happen is lacking. I tend to do best when the weather is nice and I can sit out on the deck reading while the kids play. Solidarity, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a cute romper!!
    I have a similar black romper from Target and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts