5 on Friday!!

Happy Friday!! How was your week? Our's was full with a lot of activities...they were all fun...but I am definitely looking forward to moving at just a tad bit slower pace this weekend! 

Here are my 5 Favorites from this past week!!

ONE
Over the past few months, we have become friends with the NICEST couple.  They watched our kids for us at the end of March so we could go out for our anniversary.  Well, my friend texted me the other day and said, "I want to drop something off for your before Mother's Day."  I was thinking she might have gotten me a plant or a card. Imagine how surprised I was when I opened this canvas she made for me!! She traced my kids hands when they were babysitting in March and then put it all together and decoupaged it onto a canvas!! I LOVE it!  It is hanging up in my kitchen and definitely my new FAVORITE piece of artwork!!
TWO
Celebrating Mother's Day was one of my FAVORITE moments from this past week!! I had such a wonderful day...and not because the day was absolutely perfect (because it WASN'T!!).  I just felt so much gratitude all day long that I get to be a mother to my four precious children.  Motherhood is humbling, messy, really hard and the absolute best thing I have and ever will do with my life!
THREE
We celebrated my youngest daughter's birthday earlier this week and it was SO fun!  Definitely a FAVORITE moment of my past week, was seeing her so excited and happy that it was her special day!!  Funny story: we are working on apologizing sincerely and demonstrating forgiveness with our two older daughters- so my youngest daughter hears the saying, "I forgive you" quite a bit.  HA!  Anyway...she has started saying she "forgives us" but in the totally WRONG context.  On the night of her birthday, after her party was over and I was putting her to bed, she gave me a big hug and said, "Mommy, I forgive you for having my great birthday party!"  Hahaha!! I said, "Oh! You mean THANK YOU?"  And she said, "Nope! I FORGIVE you!"  Alrighty then....!! HA!

FOUR
A FAVORITE personal moment for me this week was when I had my "weekly weigh-in" for Weight Watchers and I finally reached my goal of being at my pre-pregnancy weight!!! I have been working REALLY hard on making healthy and smart food choices as well as making sure I am working out 4-5 days a week.  It felt SO good to see my hard work is paying off!! Now I have just a little over 3 pounds to get to my ultimate "happy" weight.  I am almost there!!  While it is definitely a major mental challenge at times to not just eat whatever the heck I want and/or skip my workouts, it is SO motivating and exhilarating to know I am focusing on being the BEST me I can be.  When I feel great, I am a WAY better mom, wife, daughter, sister and friend!
FIVE
As I mentioned earlier, it has been a very FULL week at our house.  With all the busyness, I have been appreciating the quiet time I have in the morning by myself.  I get up at 5:00 am, make myself some coffee, work on my blog, read my devotions for the day and just get myself centered and focused on having a great day.  I NEVER thought I would be a person who CRAVED waking up super early- 
but it has become one of my FAVORITE parts of the day!

I hope you all have a FABULOUS Friday and a wonderful weekend!!

 I am linking up with April for Five on Friday!

 I am also linking up with Andrea and Erika for their Friday Favorites Link Up!
 Also, joining Karli for her, Oh Hey Friday Link Up!


Comments

  1. Congrats on all your hard work. I thought you looked fabulous in your daughter's birthday photo! I also love starting my day with coffee... although I don't have to wake up quite so early yet. :-) Enjoy a quieter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maren!! Thank you for your super kind and encouraging comments!! I really appreciate them!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

      Delete
  2. Way to go on reaching one of your goals! I get up at 5 am also to do my devotions and drink coffee. I have been known to hit the hay as soon as my girls go to bed just because I can't wait to get up at 5, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cara!! Thanks for your sweet comment!! I totally feel the same way as
      you do!! I sometimes wish I could just skip sleeping so I could go straight
      to my quiet time in the morning! Ha! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh the forgiveness story is too sweet! What a cutie. Happy Friday!! LOVE that little Tiana outfit.
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin!! She says "I forgive you" all the time...totally in the wrong context and I crack up every single time! Ha! Thanks for your sweet comment about her outfit- Princess Tiana is her FAVORITE!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting to your goal weight!! Looks as though you had a really fun and exciting week! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was quite a week, congrats on getting to your pre-pregnancy weight, you look great! Love that story about your littlest girl-so cute. I admire you for getting up that early for your quiet time. My 3 year old still wakes up at night, so my mornings are a struggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amy!! One if not several of my kiddos still wake up during the night too! There are a lot of mornings where I could definitely sleep more...but I ALWAYS feel so much better when I get up and give myself that time. It really sets the tone - in a great way- for my day! I will keep my fingers crossed that your little one starts sleeping through the night soon!! :) hope you are having a great weekend!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts