Thoughts For Thursday!

I feel like my kids are growing up REALLY fast right now.

My baby boy is 10 months old tomorrow.
My youngest daughter is turning 3 next week.
My 4 year old is riding her bike without training wheels now.
My oldest daughter just lost her first top tooth and it makes her look SO old!!

Part of me LOVES the fact my kids are getting older!  Growing up means more independence.  It means fewer tantrums, more flexibility in our schedule, fewer diaper changes and more sleep for mommy and daddy :)

Another part of me aches thinking about all this growing up stuff.  Raising kind, respectful, independent, and honest little people is NOT for the faint of heart.  

It is such an immense responsibility.  

Right now, my kids live in a bubble.  They haven't experienced pain, true dissapointment or heartache.  And while I know those experiences help you grow as an individual...I don't want to think about my precious daughters' and son's hearts being broken.  
Some days, I just want to hit the "pause" button and keep them little forever!! 

I was not prepared AT ALL for how much motherhood would wreck me in the most beautiful way.  So incredibly humbled and grateful that I have been given the privilege to unconditionally love 4 precious little lives forever.


Just felt like sharing a little bit of my heart today :)

Hope you have a beautiful Thursday!!

I am linking up with Natalie and Annie for Thoughts for Thursday!


Comments

  1. So many days I just want to hit the pause button so I bet you want to do it everyday with those cute little ones! You are one busy mama keeping up with those growing kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and feel the same way as your post today. Ours are 4, 3 and 1 and it's going too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way. While my daughter is only 16 months, it seems just like yesterday I gave birth to her. She's getting too big too fast.

    Liz → sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts