5 on Friday!!

It's FRIDAY!  YAY!
It has been a great week at our house, despite the fact that it has felt like Fall here the last few days!  Come on Mother Nature, I want to put my sweatshirts away!!

Here are my 5 FAVORITES from this past week!!

ONE
I used to be HORRIBLE at making time to eat breakfast in the morning.  I am not a big eater  in the morning as it is and our mornings are VERY hectic- so it is really easy to make it until 10:30 am and realize I haven't eaten anything since I woke up at 5 am.  Anyway...I have been making a concerted effort to not only eat, but SIT DOWN and enjoy my breakfast.  That usually means putting off chores, the baby might be whining in his crib and my girls might be watching a show on PBS...but I am doing what I need to do to take care of myself! Taking the time to actually sip a cup of coffee and eat my food, NOT at lightening speed, is now a FAVORITE part of my day! My husband is ALWAYS telling me- "You have to take care of YOU first- the kids can wait!" I don't 100% agree with him on this one...but I do know I am a much better mommy when I am not HANGRY.  HA!  
 TWO
Swimming has always been my favorite exercise...and I just recently got back into it after having James.  We belong to a local YMCA and they have an awesome Childwatch program, where 2 FREE hours of childcare, daily, is included in your membership.  So after I drop my oldest daughter off at school, I take my 3 younger kiddos to Childwatch and I go swim laps for 30 minutes (I swim once a week and run once a week- I work out at home the other days).  Then I take a shower (uninterrupted I might add!! :), get dressed and put on some makeup and go pick up my kids- all by 9 am!  My "swimming day" has quickly become my FAVORITE day of the week! 
 THREE
I was folding laundry yesterday and this was my view.  Being a stay at home momma is not always sunshine, rainbows and unicorns, but most of the time it is pretty amazing.  I love being with my kids all the time and I am acutely aware of how precious it is to be their mom. So while folding the laundry wasn't a favorite moment for me (HA!), watching my babies play while I got it done definitely was! :)
FOUR
This guy is my FAVORITE all the time.  Aaron is incredibly handy and can pretty much fix anything as well as build anything.  I NEVER have to worry if something goes wrong with our cars or something needs fixing in our house- Aaron just takes care of it.  I don't take this for granted at all and I just really, really appreciate him!! 
(P.S. How cute is my Cora Maye?!? She had her last day of preschool on Wednesday and she is now officially on Summer Break- Yahoo!! :)
FIVE
Our family is SO excited for this weekend!! Aaron starts his week long vacation and we are headed to visit my parents and then to visit my grandpa, lots of aunts and uncles and our cousins.  Spending time with my family is my absolute FAVORITE!

I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, and if you are so inclined, please remember to keep the people who have lost a loved one in the Armed Forces, while serving our country.  While this is a super fun weekend, kicking off the start of summer for many, it also represents loss and sadness for many moms, dads, wives, husbands, sisters and brothers.  Forever grateful and humbled by the sacrifices of all service members in our Armed Forces.

 I am linking up with April for Five on Friday!
 I am also linking up with Andrea and Erika for their Friday Favorites Link Up!
 Also, joining Karli for her, Oh Hey Friday Link Up!

Comments

  1. Hi! Good for you on the swimming! We've finally got our pool summer ready and we plan on enjoying it this weekend! Seeing all your daughter's princess dresses hanging up made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura! I am a couple days behind on replying...so sorry! Thank you for commenting and I am so jealous you have your own pool!! Swimming is the BEST! :)

      Delete
  2. Long time reader, but first time poster. I'm so jealous that your YMCA has a pool and 2 hour childcare. Once my little one is old enough I'm totally switching gyms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess! If I am not mistaken, most YMCA's offer the 2 hour childcare/day included in your membership. Do you currently belong to a Y or another gym? At my YMCA you can bring your baby as young as 6 weeks old! It is definitely a wonderful thing they offer!! :)

      Delete
  3. I've been swimming at our local Y too and love it. My son loves going to their child watch, which encourages me to get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids are the same way! They LOVE going to Childwatch!! And SO awesome that you have been swimming too!! My hip has been bothering me a lot when I run, so swimming has been the perfect alternative exercise!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts