Two Must Try Recipes!

Hi!! Hope your week is off to a great start!

Over the weekend, I made two new recipes- both of which were a hit!

Reasons why I loved both of these recipes:

1) There were minimal ingredients involved (there's a good chance you might already have everything you need in your pantry!)

2) My 6 year could have made both recipes- completely on her own. SO easy!

3) Both recipes were complete hits with my family! 

Okay- so the first recipe is Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup from the blog, Gimme Some Oven.


Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup from Gimme Some OVEN:

INGREDIENTS:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
2 cups good-quality chicken stock
1 1/4 cup (or 1 10-ounce can) red enchilada sauce*, homemade or store-bought
2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel corn**, drained
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 white onion, peeled and diced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt, or more/less to taste
optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado, diced red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips/chips

DIRECTIONS:

Add all ingredients to a slow cooker, and stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 hours on high heat or 6-8 hours on low heat, until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily. Use two forks to shred the chicken
We topped our soup with a dollop of sour cream, some shredded sharp cheddar cheese and crushed up tortilla chips.  You need to make this soup! It seriously took under 10 minutes to get all the ingredients in the slow cooker and then 6 hours later...viola! Our delicious soup was ready! That is my kind of meal! Especially on a busy weeknight or weekend!
For dessert, I finally made the Chocolate Chip (Pumpkin) Muffins my blog friend Johannah has been talking about!! I wanted to make an easy dessert for after dinner on Sunday- but it needed to be easy and quick.  Well- I don't think dumping 3 ingredients into a bowl could get any easier! HA!
This recipe is from Shay's website, Mix and Match Mama.  The recipe I linked to is for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins- all you do with this recipe is swap out the spice cake mix for a chocolate cake mix!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 Chocolate Cake mix
1 cup of chocolate chips ( I probably used more like 1 1/2 cups :)
Mix the 3 ingredients in a bowl, then fill your greased muffin tin with batter.  Bake for (approx) 25 minutes at 350 degrees!  
These turned out SO good.  I am not a fan of the spice cake mix, pumpkin and chocolate chip recipe- so I wasn't sure how I would like this version.  The chocolate cake mix makes these muffins SO moist and honestly- quite rich!  My husband could NOT believe the muffins only were made with 3 ingredients- one being a can of pumpkin! If you are a chocolate lover- make these ASAP!
Now your turn! Have you tried out any new recipes lately?? Any that you want to share with me? I am always looking for something new and yummy to make!
Hope you have the best day!!

Comments

  1. The soup sounds delish!! I'm always looking for new recipes to try =)
    And the pumpkin muffins, MADE 'EM! They were sooo sooo good, and Emma basically made them on her own. We ended up making these to bring for her birthday treat for her class. They were most definitely a hit!
    Happy Tuesday =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeaa!! I love good mama approved, easy recipes!! Thanks for sharing - the soup would be perfect for the rainy dreary day we have here!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts