Thursday Confessions!

Hi!! Happy Thursday!
How has your week been going? 
As with most of the Eastern half of the country, we have had some crazy weather lately! Saturday, we were wearing flip flops and short sleeves...yesterday it POURED rain all day and then started snowing last night. My girls wore their pajamas inside out to bed- because supposedly that brings a lot of snow?!? HA! My oldest daughter REALLY wants a snow day!  

Anyway....Jessica, from The Newly, has recently started a fun new link up party called Confessional Thursday and I decided to join in this week!

//1// I CANNOT stand commercials that show people eating food. Or watching a cooking show and the host tries a bite of something they made and talks about it while there is food in their mouth. UGH. It seriously makes my skin crawl! I was on the treadmill at the gym yesterday and a commercial came on for Kraft Mozzarella cheese and during the whole commercial there were little kids shoving cheese and pepperoni in their mouth and then laughing with it in their mouths- just thinking about it is grossing me out- HA!

//2// And speaking of people eating food...I confess I am a HUGE stickler about table manners. I grew up with a mother who would poke your elbow with a fork if it even came near the table, you had to ask to be excused from the table,etc... and that has all definitely stuck with me. We are CONSTANTLY reminding our girls about proper table manners- and while I definitely feel bad sometimes for nagging them throughout dinner- I get over it really quick when I think about them having dinner at a friend's house in the future or going on a first date with their future spouse. Nobody's going to ask them out on a second date if they have pasta falling out of their mouth while they are talking about something! HA!  I am constantly telling my girls- I would have NEVER married their daddy if he had yucky manners. And I am DEAD serious! HA!

//3// I have been pregnant 5 times now and it NEVER fails- about 18 weeks into all of my pregnancies I start craving margaritas like CRAZY! And I am very specific about what kind of margarita I want: on the rocks, light salt rim and there HAS to be good tequila in it. And fresh lime juice. And if there could be a basket of hot, salty tortilla chips alongside it with some salsa- that would be GREAT. Here's the deal though- I DON'T drink when I am not pregnant!!! I can't tell you the last time I had a margarita...it has definitely been at least 8 years...and yet- when I am pregnant- I can't stop thinking about them?!?! 

//4// I confess I am TOTALLY out of the loop and have not seen the Netflix series, "Making a Murderer." Also- never watched an episode of "Breaking Bad." And here is where you all are probably going to disown me- I have absolutely NO plans to watch "Fuller House." I think it is SUPER fun that they are bringing that show back- but we don't have Netflix- AND- I just don't care that much!! Now- if they brought back the series "Parenthood"- that's a totally different story!!! HA!

//5// I am OBSESSED with how newborn babies smell. Aaron and I keep talking about how excited we are for the baby to be born- and I will always say, "Oh my gosh- are you totally thinking about smelling the baby's head??" And he's like, "Um. NO. You are weird." HA! 
I seriously think about our new little baby, all tightly swaddled up, and his or her sweet little smelling baby head several times a day. Please tell me I am not the only one on this?!?!

Annnddd that's all I have for today :) I am waving my weirdo flag high today! And I am okay with that :) Ha!

Can't wait to read what everybody else is confessing today!!

Hope you have the BEST day!



Comments

  1. Totally with you on the TV stuff. We have Netflix, but I don't watch any of those shows (Parenthood included) and I have no plans to. I think I'm too old for the excitement over Full House. I don't remember watching it much as a kid, so I was either too old, or because I am an only child, I watched adult shows. Cause when I think of my childhood I think 80s movies (Goonies, Legend of Billie Jean, Labrynth) or I think of Knots Landing, Miami Vice and shows like that. :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I am not the only one who won't be watching Fuller House! I am starting to feel like a pop culture failure- ha!
      Hope you have a great day!!

      Delete
  2. Haha! I'm the complete opposite in regards to Fuller House. I can't wait! We also watched Making a Murderer. The case happened about a few hours from where we live. I remember when it actually happened.

    Ahhh! The newborn smell. Soon, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the manners at the table, I am constantly telling my girls that I am going to find them an etiquette class...they don't seem to take me seriously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to enroll my daughters in an etiquette class! Now I am off to search for one in my area! Ha!

      Delete
  4. Margaritas!! What a funny thing to crave! Go get a slushie from Sonic, maybe that will help your craving! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get endorphins from smelling the babies head! they are irrisistable! :) http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/the-smell-of-newborn-babies-triggers-the-same-reward-centers-as-drugs-58482/?no-ist

    ReplyDelete
  6. table manners. ditto! we have an etiquette instructor coming in to a girl scouts meeting to earn a daisy petal :) genius

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny that you are craving a Margarita! That's too funny =) And honestly, there is nothing better than the smell of a newborn baby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts