Thursday Confessions!

Hi!! Happy Thursday!! 
It is a "Friday" in our house today...because my girls are off school tomorrow AND Monday. 
I am definitely looking forward to a few days off from our "school schedule" and we are all SO excited about Easter!

Well...it's Thursday- so it's time for another confession session!
I am happy to be linking up with Jessica today for another round of Confessional Thursday!

//1// I am kind of obsessed with my Fitbit and meeting my "step" goal and activity goal for the day. Especially now that I have hit the "hugely pregnant" stage- my workouts are nothing to write home about. But I feel pretty darn accomplished if I can get in 10,000 steps/day AND log at least 30 minutes of "activity." I am totally not above walking laps around the house and back yard if I am close to meeting my goal for the day! My girls even love to ask me if my "Fitbit has lit up yet?" HA!

//2// A couple months ago, I was at a major, very busy intersection. I was the first car to go once the light turned green. When it turned green, I paused for a few seconds and then started driving...and almost got hit (my kids were also in the van with me) by another car running a red light. I truly cannot describe the feelings of terror I had. We definitely had our guardian angels looking over us at that moment- as I was able to react quickly and slam on my brakes. Ever since then- I am scared to drive through intersections! I know it is a totally irrational fear to have- but I can't help but think about a car flying out of nowhere and hitting us. Unfortunately- there are A LOT of people who shouldn't be driving- who ARE. 

//3// So speaking of irrational fears...but definitely much more light hearted :) - I am terrified of spiders. If I see a small cobweb in the corner of the ceiling, I immediately start freaking out that a spider lives in it.  Then I start to sweat thinking about having to kill the spider.  But if I don't kill the spider, I think about how it will lay hundreds of eggs and I will have a ton of spider babies in my house- so I literally hold my breathe, look away and swat at the cobweb/pseudo spider and hope I kill it. 

//4// I have a tendency to obsessively check the Weather Channel app on my phone when there is a holiday or event that is coming up and is weather "related." Does that even make sense?!? For instance- Easter is on Sunday and I just REALLY want to be able to take some pictures of my kids outside and have an Easter egg hunt in our backyard! So- of course- it is totally normal to check the 15 day forecast multiple times a day to see if it is going to be sunny or rainy. Just in case you were wondering- as of right now- it looks like we are going to have beautiful weather on Easter Sunday. But just a couple days ago- there was a 60% chance of rain. You can bet I will be checking several more times before Sunday JUST TO MAKE SURE. HA!
(I am not from the coast....but you would think I am by how often I check the weather- HA!)

And that's all I have for today!! 
What about you?? Any confessions you want to share?? :)

Hope you have the BEST day!

Along with Jessica, I am linking up with Annie and Natalie! :)

Comments

  1. My confession: I am terrible at backing up when driving. It gives me huge anxiety when my husband is in the car with me because he is awesome at it. Dang it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I am with you on checking the weather around events - we are supposed to have rain Sunday afternoon/evening...just praying it holds off long enough for a pretty morning of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already adore you and your blog, but then go you and use the phrase "nothing to write home about!" and I like you even more! My mom used to say that all the time when I was growing up and I have never heard anyone outside of our family say it. I love it!! I have loved my Fitbit for over a year and love checking in on my steps each day. I really love the alarm clock feature and don't mind waking up at all to the vibrating alarm. I've adjusted my daily step goal a few times over the course of my pregnancy, but like the accountability. I also love checking in on the weather! I got rear ended several years ago while I was sitting at a red light and it took me a LONG time to stop being a crazy lady watching my rear view mirror when I was out driving. Those close calls (especially when you've got a car full of your precious kiddos) are scary stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the exact same way about the weather! I know I can't do anything about it, but I just need to know!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts