Tuesday Talk!

Hi!! Happy Tuesday!!
Well...October is here and there's just a certain excitement in the air!  
The fall season is SO special!!
Sooo..my girls are (almost) 8 years old, 6 years old and 4 years old. They are at the SWEETEST little ages where they are able to a lot on their own...but still want to do almost EVERYTHING with me (and/or daddy). They are SO enthusiastic and just LOVE when I plan fun activities for them! This past weekend was really busy for us, but for the rest of October, we have a pretty open calendar...which I love. I am SO aware of how quickly time is flying by and I just really want to make every effort to squeeze in quality time with my girls on the weekend since they are in school all week long!

One of my girls favorite things to do is help me cook and bake. I thought it would super fun if every weekend, for the rest of the month, we picked a fall or Halloween themed treat to make together! Nothing fancy...just fun and simple little "recipes." 

Thanks to Pinterest, I found several EASY, yummy, super cute treats to make with my girls. I spent a good amount of time searching for recipes that were simple enough that my girls could pretty much follow them on their own. I plan on being more of a supervisor during our time in the kitchen...and letting them be the "chefs!" :)

Here's the festive fall recipes we are going to make this month!

These meatball mummies are just too CUTE and seriously look so YUMMY! My kids are going love these!! I plan on making the meatballs ahead of time and then letting the girls wrap the dough around the meatballs to create our mummies!
Photo Courtesy of Freshly Photographed

How fun are these Hot Dog Spiders?!? I am ALL ABOUT simple "recipes" and I don't think it can get any easier than cutting some hot dogs and wrapping a little strip of crescent roll around them. HA! But seriously- they are so cute and I know my kiddos would get such a kick out of them! 

These little pumpkin pretzel bites are SUPER cute and so simple. The perfect treat to make with my girls! I also love that a couple of these would be a fun treat to put in their lunch boxes :)  A fun bonus to making this treat- my girls will get a little "sorting" lesson when they have to first go through the bag of M & M's to find all the green and oranges ones for the pumpkins!

These white chocolate reese's pieces peanut butter chip cookies just look SO good!! I know my girls will not only LOVE eating them...but will also be SO excited to help me make them!  I think it would be a lot of fun to "boo" a couple of our neighbors and drop off a plate of these cookies! 
Photo courtesy of Baker By Nature

These spider peanut butter sandwiches are just so cute and something my picky little eaters will gobble right up! ;)
I love that all 3 of my girls could help me make them...Charlotte can cut out the bread circles, Cora can spread the peanut butter and Celine stick on the pretzel legs! This treat is perfect for varied ages and skill level :)
Photo Courtesy of The Happy Gal

Do you have any special, fun fall treats you make with your kids?? I would love to know about them! I am so excited to show the girls these recipes and I can't wait to see which one they pick to make first! :)

Hope you have the BEST day!

Okay- now it's time to link up with my favorite ladies for Tuesday Talk! 

Just a few things to remember: 

Please follow your hosts in some way- we would love to connect with you!

- Visit the other links and leave some comment love.
- By linking up to this link party, you give us permission to feature an image on our blog and social media. Proper credit and links will be given!
- Remember to link back using the button or text link.
- Optional: On social media #TuesTalk as you share your post

Full Hands Full Heart

Comments

  1. What great idea!! My Ella would love this....thanks for sharing! What did we do before Pinterest?? HAHA
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun ideas! The title of your post reminds me of all the comments I used to get when I was shopping with my four boys in tow. Whenever anyone reminded me of how full my hands were, I always tried to let them know that I had a full heart too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all really great ideas!! Have you ever made the octopus hot dog spaghetti? I bet your kiddos would love it! Here is a link for it =)

    http://www.messforless.net/octopus-hot-dogs-with-spaghetti/#_a5y_p=3883011

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really fun looking ideas! I especially like the meatball mummies. I just might have to try something like those with Monkey Boy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing these ideas! My kids LOVE helping in the kitchen, too, and would think these were so fun. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Hello October graphic! Isn’t October just one of the greatest months? I love fall! Sounds like you guys are going to have some fun and festive weekends in October! Can’t wait to see what all y’all make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing these. I think we will make a few of them! That's so awesome that your girls like to bake with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your girls are going to LOVE all of their Halloween recipes!! They look like so much fun and I love that they're so kid friendly. I'm hoping to make some pumpkin bread, cookies and have pinned several ideas for Halloween crafts to do with the kids. These pumpkin shaped pancakes were Olive's favorite things last year. She loved adding faces to them :) http://polka-dottyplace.blogspot.com/2015/10/tuesday-talk-pumpkin-pancakes.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well aren't these fun?! I think making food fun and exciting helps Connor try new things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts