Recipe Club: Classic Apple Crumb Pie!

Hi!!! Happy Wednesday!!

It's the third Wednesday of the month...
so today I am joining two of my blogging besties- Johannah and Heather
and linking up with their monthly Recipe Club!!
 I wanted to share one of my husband's favorite desserts with you...it's classic, simple and SO YUMMY: Apple Crumb Pie!!

I know there are many recipes out there for apple pie- this happens to be a recipe I got from my mom about 10 years ago and it's the only one I use when I make an apple pie!

To start- you can either make your pie crust from scratch OR use your favorite brand of pre-made pie crust!! I LOVE the pie crust from Aldi (big surprise- right?!? HA!)- I always keep a couple in my freezer so I have them on hand when I want to make a pie!
Once you have your pie crust in a greased pie pan (I just use cooking spray), it's time to start peeling and slicing the apples for your pie. I always use Granny Smith apples....but you can use whatever you like best! 
Once you have your apples peeled and cut up- it's time to add sugar and cinnamon. Mix up the apples well- making sure each slice got coated with some cinnamon and sugar!
You put all of your apples in your unbaked pie crust and then it's time to start on the crumb topping! I just use the same bowl my apple slices were in (because I am super lazy!) and you mix together sugar, flour and butter. I use a pastry cutter to get my butter pieces to a nice, crumbly texture.
Top the apples with the flour/sugar/butter mix!
Then- pop your pie in the oven for about 40-50 minutes.
Just a warning- your house is going to smell AMAZING!!
And here is the finished product!! 
This recipe is SO simple and I think that is what makes it so delicious! 
And I love that it is fool proof!! If you have a little bit of time to peel and slice up the apples- you can make this pie!!
Top a slice of it with some cool whip or vanilla ice cream and you have yourself the perfect treat!! 
Here's the full recipe!!

Apple Crumb Pie

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees

1 unbaked 9" pie shell
6 cups peeled and sliced apples
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup butter

Place sliced apples in unbaked pie shell. 
Combine 1/2 cup of the sugar with cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar with flour; cut in butter until crumbly.
Sprinkle crumb mixture over apples.
Bake at 400 for 40-50 minutes.

I hope you enjoy this pie as much as we do!!
Please let me know what you think if you end up making it!

Hope you have the BEST day!

Comments

  1. That looks so delicious. Ben would love it!!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh delicious! Looks so good! Brian would love this =)

    My question for you...have you researched to make sure when you move to NC that there is an Aldi nearby!?!?! Haha =)

    Have a great day friend =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Girl- you know I did!! There is an Aldi 15 minutes from our house and a brand new super Walmart 5 minutes from our house!! :)

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious! I love the simple ingredients list. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is VERY similar to the recipe I use and it's SO yummy! You just cannot go wrong with a homemade apple pie and ice cream! So GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds delicious!! I have never tried a premade crust, but that Aldi one looks really good. I've also never baked with Granny Smith Apples so I've got to give your recipe a try. I rarely make apple pie because I've convinced myself that it's sooo time consuming. I love your tips of only getting one bowl dirty and the premade crust. I think I'd make apple pie more often if I took those short cut steps. Now I'm craving pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! And I have to say I am 100% on board with using a pre-made dough. Why make more work for yourself?

    and PS - today was my first WW weigh-in. I'm down 3.2 pounds :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts