A FUN, EASY Recipe!

Hi friends!! Happy Thursday!!
How has your week been going???

I had every intention of sharing some weekly Walmart finds yesterday- but my little James has had a rough couple of days...he has terrible allergies- which in turn almost always turns into an upper respiratory infection, ear infection or even pneumonia!!
This past weekend we were outside A LOT and the pollen was flying around like crazy. Wouldn't you know it, he started coughing and wheezing the next day and woke up from his nap on Tuesday with a fever. He barely slept Tuesday night- poor thing was miserable! 
I took him to the doctor yesterday and he has a yucky double ear infection. We are having to do breathing treatments 5 times per day until his cough clears up- so needless to say- I have been a little extra busy trying to wrangle my crazy 2 1/2 year old to sit still to take his medicine and get his breathing treatments done! 
While I really don't like seeing James or any of my kids for that matter, not feel well, I am just always so thankful we have access to a wonderful pediatrician and medicine that I know will clear up his ear infection!!! 

Okay- enough about my boring last couple of days. HA!

I bought Marshall a big box of cheerios to snack on a couple of weeks ago and the precious little guy doesn't like them :) They were on their way to getting stale- so I did a quick search to see if I could find a recipe I could use them in!

Quite a few recipes came up in my search- but I decided to go with this one from Taste of Home- because MARSHMALLOWS and PEANUT BUTTER and M&M's.

Here's what you need to make these super simple and ridiculously yummy cheerio bars!

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter
1 bag of mini marshmallows
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
5 cups cheerios
1 cup M&Ms
Place butter and marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Stir in peanut butter until blended. Then add the cheerios and M&M's. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; press down gently. 
I let them sit for about an hour before I served them to my kiddos!
 And here's the finished product!!

Friends: These are SO YUMMY. And SO easy! Especially since you melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave! This would be the perfect treat to make with your kiddos!!
And I love that these are "no-bake" so when a craving for something sweet hit this summer- you don't need to heat up your kitchen with turning on the hot oven!
My kids LOVED these! And so did I :) I had to stop myself after a couple of bites- because I seriously could have eaten the whole pan. HA!

Easy, Yummy, Simple. My kind of recipe!!

Hope you have the BEST day friends!

Linking up with Annie and Natalie today!

Comments

  1. Ella would love these. She loves Cherrios.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm yumm-o!! My girls would love this! And I especially love that this is no bake considering we are coming into the summer months!
    I sure hope James starts feeling better VERY soon!!!

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound amazing!! My kids are obsessed with Cheerios so I know they'd love them. And Rice Krispie treats are one of our favorite treats so these Cheerio Treats are something we've got to try. I love any recipe that doesn't use the oven in the summer. Thanks for sharing :) Sure hope James is feeling better! Poor guy. I hate to hear that Spring is so rough on his allergies. Maybe a move to the South will help out his allergies??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts