Weekend Rewind + A Yummy Recipe!

How was your weekend??  Our's was pretty great!  

Saturday morning, my husband took our 3 girls to the kids workshop at Home Depot 
while I grocery shopped with our baby boy.  
If you have kiddos 3 years or older you need to check out the kids workshops!! 
They hold them the first Saturday of every month, they are free and my girls LOVE them!

When we got back from the grocery store and Home Depot, the weather had gotten SO nice!
After all of my complaining about the cold weather...we had two days of 50 degree weather!! 
It was so awesome!  

We are really lucky to live within walking distance to a wonderful park...so we walked down to the park on both Saturday and Sunday!  Our girls were so happy to play and be outside!  

 Oh my goodness...how fun is Valentine's day?!? My big girls worked on their Valentine cards for their classmates after church on Sunday and it was just the cutest thing! I picked up some candy bracelets and candy watches for them to give to their friends and they just thought that was the coolest thing ever! I have to admit I can't wait until Valentine's day...I know some people think it is a silly holiday- but I happen to love it!  
What's not to like about candy, sweet, little gifts, some yummy treats, and
 lots of pink, red and sparkles???
 I made a big batch of potato corn chowder on Sunday afternoon.  This soup is SO good!
It takes just a little bit of time to prep and make...but the effort is worth it!!

Here is the recipe if you are interested in making it!

Potato Corn Chowder
4 cups diced and peeled potatoes
2/3 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 1/4 cups water
1/2 cup butter or margarine- divided

1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 1/2 cups milk 
1 teaspoon dried dill weed (if you don't have this- totally ok to leave it out!)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I like to use sharp cheddar)
1 can (16 oz) cream style corn
OPTIONAL: 1 cup diced, cooked ham or crumbled, fried bacon

Combine potatoes, celery, onion, water and 1/4 cup butter in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.  Add in remaining butter, flour, salt and pepper.  Stir and incorporate flour well.  Gradually add milk.  Add dill.  Add cheese and stir until melted.  Stir in corn.  Add ham or bacon if desired.  Heat all the way through over medium heat, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking on the bottom of the pot.

This recipe is from my mom :)  It is a family favorite and my husband LOVES it.  I love to make a big batch and freeze a bunch to have on hand for easy weeknight dinners.  Pair of big bowl of this soup with a tossed salad and you have a perfect meal!

Happy Monday! I hope you have a wonderful week!  
And if you make this soup, I would love to know what you think!!

Comments

Popular Posts