Favorites from this past week- 5 on Friday!

Hi! Happy Friday!  It was a "short" week for us as my oldest daughter has today off for Good Friday and she also has Monday off!  We are looking forward to some sunshiney weather this weekend and celebrating EASTER! :)

How has your week been?  Sure hope it was a good one! 

Now time to share my 5 Friday Favorites! :)

ONE
This past Sunday, my husband and I celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary! In case you are interested, I wrote a post about some favorite parts of our wedding here! :)
We were able to sneak out for a couple hours for a lunch date and we had such a fun time!  Aaron really is my best friend and my all time favorite person...I am a lucky lady :) 
TWO
POTTY TRAINING SUCCESS has been happening at our house the past 3 days!!
My two oldest daughters were potty trained at 2 1/2 years old.  My oldest daughter took about 3 days to get used to the whole deal- but then she was totally fine.  My 2nd oldest daughter literally potty trained herself! HA! She asked my mom to wear panties, my mom gave her some and BOOM.  That was it!  My youngest daughter is one month away from turning 3 and we have been talking about the potty since she was 2.  She has had NO interest and has actually gotten totally hysterical when we have attempted to potty train her! It has driven us NUTS.  Seriously- I had basically come to terms with her not being able to go to preschool this upcoming fall! Well...I put a pull up on her on Tuesday and after some major freaking out, she went on the potty and realized it was NOT THAT BAD! HA!  Since then, she has been rocking it out! Not one accident, dry during her naps and even going #2 on the potty! She has been using her little potty, wearing new Hello Kitty panties from her Baba and getting a Reese's butter cup (or marshmallows or chocolate chips:) when she goes on the potty! I can't tell you how excited we are to have only ONE kid in diapers! YAY!
So proud of our Celine! :)


THREE
My oldest daughter Charlotte is learning how to read and write words by sounding them out and it is PRECIOUS.  She wrote me this card for our wedding anniversary and I just loved it.  Can you tell I like to bake and she has a major sweet tooth?! HA!


FOUR
We are SO excited to make our annual bunny cake this Sunday for our Easter dessert!  These are our bunny cakes from the past 3 years...you can tell we don't consult Pinterest for our Bunny Cake designs...we actually let the girls be totally in charge of how we decorate it.  It is one of our favorite family traditions and my girls have been talking all week about 
"THE bunny cake" :)  
(In case your curious- I use one cake mix and make 6 cupcakes (3 for each ear) and use the rest of the batter to fill a round cake pan.  I make homemade cream cheese icing for the frosting.)
 So yummy and easy!! 
FIVE
EASTER.  
SO looking forward to celebrating the most important day of the year in our Church with my family!

I am linking up with DarciApril, Natasha and Christina for Five on Friday!

I am also linking up with Andrea and Erika for their Friday Favorites Link Up!

Also, joining Karli for her, Oh Hey Friday Link Up!



Comments

  1. I love that note from your daughter. Do you know I still have all the handwritten notes from my daughters over the years. They are all grown. They are my most prized gifts. The bunny cake, brings back memories, we use to do that when they were little too. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! I save all of my notes from my girls too :) Thanks for stopping by and Happy Easter to you too!

      Delete
  2. Love the cake! That is so cute!!! Stopping by from the link up- potty training is such a challenge. Whew! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! You are so right- potty training can make a sane momma go CRAZY! HA! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter!

      Delete
  3. Stopping by from the link-up! I love your bunny cake tradition! That is precious! and that note from your daughter is absolutely adorable! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maddie- thanks for stopping by and commenting! We have so much fun making our Bunny Cake...it is a good tradition to have :) Hope you have a fabulous weekend and a Happy Easter!

      Delete
  4. I just found your blog!! SO Cute.. I love the Have you filled your bucket today? I do that in my classroom and the students love it :)
    Happy Friday
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. bunny cake! I need to steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts