Menu Plan Monday!

Hi!  Is it really Monday already?!?  How was your weekend??

We had an "early" weekend in the fact that my husband's brother, wife and daughter came to visit us this past Thursday, Friday and part of Saturday.  My husband had Thursday and Friday OFF (YAY!!), the weather was fantastic and we had such a great time!  We don't get to see Aaron's brother and his family nearly enough- so we soaked up every minute!  We went to a place called BounceU one morning so the kids could jump around and be crazy...well all the adults ended up having a blast too! We were going down all the slides and climbing with the kids...it was SO MUCH FUN!

Our company left on Saturday and the rest of the weekend was spent playing (my kids) and doing massive amounts of laundry (me).  My husband had to work both Saturday and Sunday- but he didn't get home super late- so it wasn't too bad!  
And now here we are...back to the beginning of the week!  Time for a new menu plan!  I am making a few dishes I don't make very often...but I was feeling like I needed to change things up a little bit or we were going to get in a dinner rut real quick! HA!

Here is what our family is eating this week!

For tonight's dinner, I am going to make baked chicken nuggets.  I don't follow a recipe for this...I just cut up boneless chicken breast in small pieces, lightly cover them in ranch dressing and then dredge them in panko bread crumbs.  The ranch dressing gives them really good flavor and keeps them moist.  I bake them at 425 degrees....it only takes about 12 minutes because the chicken is cut up in such small pieces.  I am going to steam some zucchini for our vegetable and everyone will get some mashed potatoes too!  I know this will be a dinner that both my husband and kids will enjoy!

To make our chicken quesadillas for Tuesday night's dinner, I am going to put a couple large chicken breasts in the crock pot on Tuesday morning with some chicken broth and a can of fire roasted tomatoes (half drained).  By late afternoon, I will have delicious, shredded chicken ready to go!  I am going to save half of the chicken for Friday's dinner.  We make our quesadillas pretty simple around here....some shredded chicken and cheese.  I serve it with a side of shredded lettuce, sour cream and salsa.  My husband LOVES when I make quesadillas!  

Wednesday night, my husband will be working really late at the hospital- so I am going to make my kids a simple supper of grilled cheese with shells and cheese and green peas.  They LOVE this dinner!  Whenever my husband is working late and not going to be home- I always plan a meal that I know my kids will eat without any complaints :)  

On Thursday, I thought I would get a little old school and make Salisbury steaks!  I have made them before and my husband really liked them!  They are basically little meatloaves made with onion and mushrooms and they simmer in a really yummy gravy like sauce.  I am going to make this recipe and substitute 93/7 ground turkey for the ground beef.  Steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes will make this meal complete!

Friday night, my husband is taking our two older daughters to the "Butterfly Ball" at their school...so we need a quick, easy dinner.  I am going to make burritos with the portion of shredded chicken I froze from our Tuesday night dinner.  To make our burritos, I will use some chicken, some black beans, and cheese.  I like to warm them in up in the oven so the tortilla gets a little crispy around the edges.  I serve them up with some shredded lettuce and sour cream!

Saturday is homemade pizza night!  Our girls love to have a "pizza picnic" when it's pizza night.  We lay a quilt down in the living room, put on a movie and they eat their pizza while watching a movie.  My husband and I sit in the kitchen and it is kind of like a pseudo date- HA!   Check out this post if you want to see how I make my homemade pizza crust!

Sunday's dinner is going to be easy and delicious.  Grilled chicken, roasted cauliflower and some parmesan noodles.  I am hoping the weather is going to be gorgeous and that we will be spending most of our day outside playing.  Have you ever tried making roasted cauliflower?? It is so easy and super yummy! I just cut up a head of cauliflower and put it on a foil lined baking sheet (for easy clean up).  I spray it with olive oil cooking spray (or you can drizzle yours lightly with olive oil).  Then I sprinkle some salt, pepper, a little garlic powder and just a smidge of chili powder.  I bake it 475 degrees until it the edges of the cauliflower have started to get a little brown and crispy! SO yummy!

What do you have planned for your menu this week?? Anything extra yummy?? 

Hope you have a great day and a wonderful week!!

I am linking up with Laura for Menu Plan Monday!

Comments

  1. Love all your kid friendly ideas! We do the pizza picnics to, but we have never called it that! Very catchy, I might start calling it that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hollie!
      Thanks for commenting! I really do try to make meals that my husband and
      kids will both enjoy...meal time can be quite the adventure with young
      kiddos... As I am sure you know all too well about :-) hope you have a
      great day!
      Justine

      Delete
  2. I may need to try your cauliflower recipe, that's one thing I haven't been able to get my family to eat. I love that you make your chicken for the quesadillas in the crockpot, I do that for tacos all the time, but never thought of it for the quesadillas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts