You Must Make These: Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes!!

Hi!! Happy Tuesday!! How was your Monday? Did you have a great start to your week?
I always feel so good when we get to jammies and show time on Monday evening...I kind of feel like, "ok- we made it! phew!" HA!

Okay- today I am sharing with you, one of our ALL TIME favorite desserts at our house.  Hands down- I would say these are Aaron's most requested dessert and whenever I make them for other people they are always a HIT! 

And since it is Fall and (most) people are all about pumpkin EVERYTHING- it couldn't be more perfect timing to make- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes.
I use Rachael Ray's recipe to make these pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes and then I make my own cream cheese icing (her recipe suggests making a brown sugar icing- which also sounds yummy!)

Yup. That would be me! HA!

Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and pull out your muffin tin- you can either use muffin liners or just generously spray your muffin tin with cooking spray.

Then you make the cheesecake filling. Set that aside for a minute while you move onto the next step :)

Making the pumpkin cake batter is next.  I do this in a mixing bowl and just stir all the ingredients with a big spoon.  I don't feel the need to use my mixer on this step- but you totally could! You would just need to put your cheesecake filling in a separate bowl, wash your mixing bowl and now you see why I just use a mixing bowl and spoon- right?? Too many unnecessary steps! HA!
 After you have your pumpkin cake batter made, fill your muffin tin with a layer of it in each "compartment." 
 Then add a generous spoonful of cheesecake filling to each muffin. I always fill each muffin with a little and then go back and fill in...what you don't want to have happen is run out of cheesecake filling before all of your muffins have gotten a layer of it.
 Then, with the remaining pumpkin cake batter, add another layer to each muffin. You can see the batter doesn't totally have to cover up the cheesecake filling.
 Then, they go in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes- set your timer and check them- you don't want to over bake these!! And this is what they look like when they come out of the oven!
Honestly- without the cream cheese icing they are delicious and would be a wonderful treat to serve at a brunch!!
 Here is what this delicious little cupcake looks like once it has been generously iced with cream cheese icing.  SO YUM!!
You must make these!! Even if you are not a big pumpkin fan...I think you would love them! My husband is not ALL ABOUT THE PUMPKIN- but has always said there is something about these cupcakes...they have the perfect mix of spices and well...anything with a cheesecake middle and cream cheese icing. I mean. COME ON. 


Here is the full recipe for Rachael Ray's Cheesecake Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes:

  • Ingredients:
  • 1 8 ounce package  cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • large eggs, plus 5 large egg whites
  • teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • cup canned pumpkin puree
  • cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil

  • directions
  • Place a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees . Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking liners. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar for 3 minutes. Beat in 1 egg white and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
  • In a bowl, whisk the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. In another bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, 2 eggs, granulated sugar, oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Whisk in the flour mixture. 
  • Layer each muffin cup with some of the pumpkin batter, then the cream cheese mixture, then more of the batter. Bake until springy to the touch, 25 minutes. Let cool.

cream cheese icing
1 block cream cheese
1 stick softened butter
about 4-6 cups powdered sugar
1-2 tsp vanilla

I totally eyeball my cream cheese icing when I am making it.  First- I cream together a stick of butter and a block of cream cheese.  Then I just start adding powdered sugar until it gets to the consistency and taste that I like.  About half way through adding the powdered sugar, I add some vanilla.  Then I add some more powdered sugar.  Once I have added all of my powdered sugar- I beat the icing on super high for about a minute to get it nice and fluffy. If you are going to ice your cupcakes immediately you can leave it out- but if not- put it in a tupperware and pop it into the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
Happy Baking and please let me know if you make these!! I would love to know what you think! And if you didn't like them- you can tell me that too! HA! But I seriously don't think that will happen :)

Hope you have the BEST day!

Comments

  1. These sound so good! But can I admit...I don't like cheesecake...eeekk! I know...but my husband loves it, so I do make cheesecake stuff for him =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a HUGE cheesecake fan myself...these cupcakes are kind of the perfect in between :) I would highly recommend just making the pumpkin cake batter from the recipe..you could make cupcakes or put it in a loaf pan to make pumpkin bread!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts