Hello Monday: Happy First Day of FALL!

Hi! Happy Monday!!

How was your weekend??
We had a good weekend! Aaron worked for most of it- but we still managed to have lots of fun playing in our backyard- which we JUST got landscaped. It was an absolute disaster from having our pool put in this past summer and it was in desperate need of some tender loving care. I was telling a friend the other day- you know you are an ADULT when you get giddy with excitement about your yard being leveled and new sod being put down. HA!
So...it's the start of a new week AND it's the first day of FALL!!!
And extra fun for us- my kiddos have the day off school today for a teacher inservice (well- the four older have the day off- but little Marshall still has school- so the girls and James are VERY excited to drop him off this morning)!
YAY for a 3 day weekend for us!

Oh my goodness. How beautiful is this quote?!
I just think it's perfect...especially for us here in the South where the temperatures are definitely still fairly warm...but here and there we are getting some cooler temperatures. I just love how we are simultaneously still enjoying the warmth of summer and at the same experiencing the anticipation of cooler temperatures, leaves changing and just a whole new season ahead. 
I personally LOVE summer. Like more than Christmas time. HA! I am being totally serious :) So- part of me honestly feels a little anxious about the change in weather and even more so, the days getting shorter and DARKER. But...I am feeling a shift- and it's a good one. I am ready to experience what this next season holds...not that anything profound is going to happen- but that I am welcoming change, that I typically resist, with an open heart and mind.
With that being said and in honor of the first day of fall- I HAD to share this recipe with you- that is from one of my best blogging buddies, Johannah. I have been using this recipe for several years now and it is hands down our family's FAVORITE pumpkin bread recipe!! 
I definitely plan to be making some of this yummy bread with my kiddos today as a "fun day off of school" activity! Just FYI: this bread is delicious by itself AND also super yummy if you want to add some mini chocolate chips to it!! :) I love this recipe because I make a dozen muffins for my kiddos and still have enough batter leftover to break a loaf of bread or a couple mini loaves of bread! 

One thing I always try to keep on hand are disposable mini bread pans (as well as plastic containers for meals- I get these from Walmart). That way when I am baking, I can make a couple mini loaves and have them on hand to drop off at a friend's house, include with a dinner that I am dropping off to a family or sometimes the kids want to bring their teachers a treat. There are so many times- when I want to share a treat with someone- but don't have the time in THAT MOMENT to bake something. That's why it's so handy to have little treats already baked and ready to go for moments like those :)
And because we are feeling all sorts of fall-ish- if you haven't already- go check out my post from this past Friday- I shared a few fun FALL things that I am currently loving!!

Hope ya'll have the BEST Monday! It's going to be a WONDERFUL week! I just know it! ;)

Linking up with HeatherJohannahTanya and Lindsay!


Comments

  1. I love her pumpkin bread recipe too! So GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me this morning! Every single thing you said about summer turning into fall is me to a T. That's a great way of putting it, feeling anxious. That's exactly how I feel. I just know how long winters are here, and because it's so cold it limits our outdoor time I dread the thought of what comes after fall! But we always make the best of it!

    I'm SO glad you are still enjoying the pumpkin bread recipe. It's our favorite too =)

    Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love adding chocolate chips to my pumpkin bread (or muffins!). Enjoy your day off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip on the mini disposable pans...great find! I just bought a pumpkin bread mix, but will try her recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You backyard is amazing!! It's a kid paradise! What a treasure to have in your backyard. I bet it's so fun to have family and friends over to play out there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts