What I am Loving Wednesday!

Hey friends!!! Happy Wednesday!!

It is a VERY happy Wednesday for me...because I am picking up my mom in Raleigh today!!! As many of you know, my father passed away this past March. And prior to that he was very sick and my mother was his full time caregiver. Because of this, she has never been able to come visit Greenville since we moved here in June 2017. 
This trip is a BIG deal and we are just BEYOND giddy with excitement that she will be staying with us for the next several days. It's going to be so special to show her our house and our little town and I am just SO grateful she is finally able to make this trip!

I have been continuing to make little notes to myself of fun things I want to share with ya'll, so here's another installment of "What I am Loving Wednesday!"

ON OUR BOOKSHELF:
The girls and I are currently reading "3 Minute Devotions for Girls" every night before they go to bed. It has a short scripture, a reflection and then a prayer. They are just SO well written and it has just been such a great way to get some special prayer time in with my girls before they go to bed! This sweet little devotional would be such a great gift for a school age girl or even a gift to YOU and your daughter! Best part- it's $4.99 if you are an Amazon prime member!!

TRYING SOMETHING NEW:
About a month and a half ago- I saw a sign randomly at an intersection that was advertising for a tennis program called "Try Tennis." I was intrigued, so I did a quick google search and found out it was a beginner tennis program for people who just wanted to learn and get exposed to the game of tennis. I have ALWAYS wanted to be able to play tennis- but sports seriously scare me. HA! I totally took seeing that sign as a little nudge from the Holy Spirit to just do something out of my comfort zone- so I signed up for a 5 week course!! I have been going weekly, to learn how to play tennis, with a group of other women and oh my goodness. IT IS SO MUCH FUN!!!!

I am not good at all- but I am having a blast and it has quickly become one of my favorite parts of the week. I am really hoping that the course will be offered again or it will continue in some fashion...because I don't want to stop going and I still have so much to learn!

IN MY CLOSET: 
So last week I shared a super AWESOME, affordable pair of jeans that I got from Walmart. Well, today, I wanted to share with you the other pair of jeans that I recently purchased...that I am loving just as much as my Walmart jeans! These are from Target...they are regularly priced at $27.99- but last time I checked were on sale for $25. If you are looking for a distressed, "yes my jeans are supposed to be ripped" look- then these are the jeans for you. HA! Seriously though- they are high waisted, soft, hold you in where you need to be held in and have a few fun areas of distressing on them. Nothing too crazy though...not like some pairs I have seen where I am like..."did they let a dog just chew on those for a couple hours and then decide to sell them?!" HA! I also got these same jeans in white and love them as well! I will say though- the white jeans are definitely stiffer and don't have as much "give" as the regular denim ones have. 
And because this mama has NO time to go into Target to try on a bunch of jeans..I just placed a big online order with several different sizes in the jeans I wanted to try out, tried them on at home and then returned that ones that didn't fit. 
BEST WAY TO BUY CLOTHES EVER!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
This post is SO GOOD from the Instagram account @biblesandcoffee. "He discreetly makes us work for them to build something: strength, faith, knowledge, wisdom, character, etc." Click HERE to read the full post!!
And then this post by @solesearchingmamma just really spoke to my heart. "We didn’t quit because the coaches were terrible, or unfair ((they’re actually excellent), or because Henry couldn’t hack the program. We quit because I couldn’t hack it."
Friends- if you are already feeling burnt out by all the activities your family is involved in...you will want to click HERE and read the full post!
Anything you are especially loving right now? I'd love for you to share it with me!

Hope you have the BEST day!!
 Linking up with StefanieKeriMauriSarah, and Lindsay today!


Comments

  1. I hope you have a very wonderful time with your mom!! I love on-line ordering and trying on all these clothes only to send them back whenever I want. Luckily I have gotten better about knowing that sizes and styles to order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that your mom is coming to visit. I hope y'all have the best time! Thanks for the links on the Instagram posts. I'm always looking for new inspirational people to follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your Mom's visit made my heart smile. How very special! Enjoy making memories. And, love the quote about family time. I'm so thankful that both of children and their spouses guard their family time and will not allow over commitment to happen unless it cannot be helped. Going to check out the link you posted. Blessings abundant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have the best time with your mom!!! So glad she's able to come down for a visit. That's awesome that you're learning tennis. Olive adores it so I need to find a crash course for myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts