Friday Favorites!!

Happy Friday friends!!!

It sure has been a FUN week for us. As I mentioned in my post on Wednesday- my mom is visiting us right now and we are just beyond happy that she is here!!!
We have big plans to show Baba (that's what all the grandkids call her) around our cute little town this weekend and it's just going to be a really special time!

Now- time for some Friday FAVORITES!

Here's just a few, FAVORITE things that have been making me smile this past week! 

ONE
Have ya'll ever had Kodiak Cakes? It's a protein packed pancake mix and we love using it to make waffles, pancakes and even muffins! Well...guess what!? Aldi now carries their own version of Kodiak Cakes!! For HALF the price! And my kids actually like the taste of Aldi's version of the protein pancake mix better than the Kodiak Cakes!
My FAVORITE thing to do on Saturday mornings is make the kids chocolate chip waffles with this protein mix. We are always is such a hurry during the week to get to school on time- that breakfast is pretty rushed. I love taking the time to make them something (semi) homemade on Saturday morning and they think it's SUCH a treat!!
TWO
One of my FAVORITE blogging friends, Heather, asked me the other day about my eyebrows :) I had them microbladed almost two years ago (I blogged about it! You can check out the post HERE!) and have had them touched up once..but the ink has definitely faded in some areas. A lifestyle blogger, Cori Robinson, mentioned using this brow gel- and her brows are PERFECT- so you know I promptly went to Walmart to get some!! HA!
Her biggest tip was NOT to use the brush it comes with- and instead- use an angled brush to fill in your brows. I have been using it for about a week now- and oh my goodness! This stuff is AWESOME! It doesn't budge and it totally helps fill out the uneven areas of my brows!! For sure my latest beauty FAVORITE!
THREE
I finally got the little corner in the kitchen functional and organized!
 With all 5 kids being back in school, I knew I needed to get a set-up that worked for us when they do their homework and bring home ALL THE PAPERS.
I found this galvanized metal holder with 3 jars (it also has a cute, functional handle) at Michael's in their fall section! It has turned out to be the perfect container for holding all the necessary items the kids need when it comes time to do homework!
I also got this cute "envelope." I am a HUGE purger...like I rarely keep anything my kids make at school- HA! So- I don't really have a problem with having papers pile up. What I needed was an area to keep permission slips, requests from teachers and the girls economy/chore charts. I had this little space on the wall under a cabinet and this envelope has just fit perfectly in there!
Here's a view of the whole area: the galvanized metal envelope that holds all of our VIPs (very important papers ;), a little basket (got it from Walmart a couple years ago) with our pencil sharpener, some hand sanitizer (kids are GROSS-HA!), a calculator and a few big erasers and our homework supplies caddy. The kids LOVE how everything is set out for them and I love that it is an organized and functional area for them!! Win-Win!!
FOUR
I just got the 3 pieces I ordered from the latest Lilly Pulitzer sale in the mail 
and I just LOVE them!!
I got two dresses- they are the same dress style- just two different patterns/color combos and a tank top. I have quite the Lilly collection- only from shopping the sales they run two times a year and I have figured out what styles fit me the best. The prices are AMAZING when they run their sales- but you cannot return anything- so you need to be sure what you are ordering is going to fit!
The tank top I got is my FAVORITE style of tank top they carry. You can wear a regular bra with it and I just think it's so flattering!! And you just can't beat the happy, fun colors of Lilly clothes. They just make me feel good when I wear them! :)
FIVE
Time with my MOM! 
Wow. There are so many things to say about having her here visiting us- but for now- I will just say- it's been SO good for all of us. The past year has been so extremely hard and our time together has just been another tiny step towards healing.
So thankful for her making the trip to come see us!!
Today is going to be such a fun day! All the kids have school, so my mom and I have a few hours to ourselves! We are going to take a walk, go to church with my older kids, then go shopping and end up at my favorite coffee shop/cafe in our cute little downtown for lunch!! It has been YEARS- like A LOT of years since my mom and I have been able to just have a girly day with each other- so to say I am excited would be an understatement :)

Hope ya'll have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend!!

Linking up with TifBeckyDella,and Katie too!


Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!

Comments

  1. I love that you are blogging again! Happy Friday! Enjoy the weekend with your Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the picture of you with your mom just makes me smile! Hope y'all have the best time, and I'm clicking over to check out the brow gel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have the best time showing your mom around town!! I picked up that Aldi pancake mix after you recommended it and need to put in on our menu to try it out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Kodiak waffles. I need to try that mix from Aldi!
    Girl you know your eyebrows are my favorite! #jealous

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy your mom got to come for a visit! I hope y’all had the best time and had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts