My Experience with Microblading!

Hi friends!!!
We've had a busy start to our week...how has your week been so far??

So- today I thought I would share about something that is NOT important at all...but that a couple of you have commented on and asked about...MY EYEBROWS. HA!

About 5 months ago, I got my eyebrows microbladed!! I know some people have heard of it and probably some of you know what it is...but maybe you don't know much about the process. 
I thought I would share my personal experience with it!!

First- before I get started- here is a definition of what microblading is (that I pulled off the internet): "a semi-permanent tattooing technique that creates hairlike strokes to fill in sparse or thinning brows."

Ok...so...I plucked the HECK out of my eyebrows when I was in junior high and high school. Because of that...I had A LOT of sparse areas on both of my eyebrows. For a long time it didn't bother me, but as I got older, I started wanting a "fuller" look to my eyebrows. 
So then- I started filing them in with a brow pencil and that was working fine...but I was starting hearing about micro-blading and became very intrigued!

I reached out a local hair stylist/esthetician who is certified to do microblading (and came highly recommended) and we texted back and forth and decided on a plan for my eyebrows!

Here is me with my skinny, sparse eyebrows:) You can see- I have a good amount of hair on my brows but they are thin and definitely sparse in some areas.
Here's a more up close picture I sent to the girl who did my eyebrows.
And one more...just so you have a good reference point of the "before." 
At the beginning of my appointment, my esthetician went over EVERYTHING with me. What she was going to do, the risks (the main one being infection), how I should take care of my eyebrows, ect. She was SUPER thorough and kept asking me if I had any questions.
Then we went back and she cleaned my face really well and we took a "before" picture!
Don't you love my SWEET headband!?
HA!
This is my FAVORITE picture. HA!
My esthetician measured everything to make sure it was perfect, filled in my brows with a marker and drew them on so she knew exactly how they would look before she started the microblading process. She checked with me and asked me if I like the look of them and we also picked out how dark of a color of I wanted my brows to be. I picked the most "natural" brown shade because I didn't want them to be SUPER dark.
The whole process last about an hour.....I think. I can't specifically remember! HA! It was painful but not horrible. I wore ear phones and listened to music because my esthetician recommended I do that and I am so glad she did. She also gave me some "stress" balls to squeeze during extra painful moments which was helpful.  

For me- the worst part about the whole process was not the actual microblading part- it was having SUPER DARK, SCARY looking eyebrows for a couple of weeks. HA!
Aaron and I went on a date after I got my eyebrows microbladed and I felt like such a nut. He kept laughing at me! It was pretty funny. You can see in this picture my eyebrows are DARK.
For the first 2 weeks after you get your eyebrows microbladed you have to be very careful not to get them wet and protect them with a layer of aquaphor to help them heal and NOT become infected. My eyebrows healed perfectly and I had absolutely NO issues. I followed my esthetician's care instructions and it was all good! Over the course of a month, my eyebrow color faded and settled into it's real color.

Here's a close up of my brows about 6 weeks after I had them done!
 And here's another one!
I got what you could call "partial" microblading done because I had a good amount of hair to start with. Because of that, I only needed one tiny touch up. Everyone is different and it totally varies on your esthetician!!
 And here's a picture I posted on Instagram this past weekend. You can see my eyebrows look much more defined and fuller than my "before" pictures. 
I will be honest- since I had such "skinny" eyebrows to start with- it took a couple a months to adjust to my fuller eyebrows...but I really, really love the results from my microblading experience. 
I will definitely get them re-done when they need it (usually 1-2 years depending on your skin and how the ink fades). I LOVE not having to fill my eyebrows in every morning when I am doing my makeup!

So- let's talk price now. Because what my esthetician did to my eyebrows was not a FULL micro-blade- the price I paid is not representative of what is normally charged to get your brows microbladed. My esthetician charges $400 to $450 to micro-blade a full set of eyebrows and that includes a follow up appointment at 6 weeks to touch up any areas that need it.  It is definitely EXPENSIVE- but if you have barely any eyebrows or your eyebrows are something you are really self-conscious about- it might be worth looking into!
My best advice is to ask around- specifically your hair stylist to see if he or she knows of an esthetician or a local spa where you have had other services. 

So there you have it!!
Do you have any questions??


Hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday...I will see ya'll back here on Friday for some favorites of mine from this past week!



Comments

  1. Your brows look great, I also had mine done this summer and it was the best money that I have spent on myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great!! I love the color and the thickness. I'm like you and have brows, but wouldn't mind them being thicker/fuller in certain spots. Loved hearing all the details about microblading. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The information you provided was fantastic! It helped me alot. Your expertise saved us so much time.
    Microblading in Dubai

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts