Hello Monday!

Hi friends! Happy Monday!
How was your weekend?

Our's was good! Aaron had to work all day Saturday so the kids and I got some stuff done around the house in the morning and then headed out for a power walk and some play time at our favorite park! 
I have felt like there have been A LOT of challenging moments with these 5 kiddos lately...which is just how it is sometimes! 
But our time together on our walk and at the park was SO fun. And I just felt so grateful!! 
 I promised the girls we would do "makeovers" on Saturday afternoon...and only one of them showed up. HA! Cora and Charlotte were ZONKED from all the first day of school excitement and took a nap (which they NEVER do). Celine, on the other hand, was SO excited to do my makeup and as you can see by looking at the picture...she did a FABULOUS job! HA!
Aaron and I were supposed to have a date night Saturday night once he got off work...but our babysitter ended up having to cancel. So...we turned it into a family date night! We went out for pizza at Mellow Mushroom and had a great time. There is a big open lawn right next to the restaurant and the kids and Aaron played tag while I sipped on my lemon water and had just a couple minutes of uninterrupted silence. It was LOVELY :)
Just as we were finishing our pizza it started to TORRENTIAL downpour! Luckily, we got in our car just in the knick of time and I said an extra prayer of gratitude for our attached garage when we got home because it was POURING!
Sunday morning Aaron left bright and early to go to the hospital, so I made the kids pancakes for breakfast and made a bunch of waffles to have for breakfast throughout the week! We went to church and when we got home, the girls and I got to work on packing lunches!

Both Aaron and I needed a lunch today as do all the girls and James. The girls also got their lunches packed for Tuesday too! Even though it takes more time and effort, I am REALLY going to try and get in the habit of having the girls help me prep lunches every Sunday. They love to do it and it really helps me out!
It's a big day for the girls and James...it's their first FULL day of school! 
They are all so excited and I can't wait to pick them up and hear all about their days :)
I am going to be in training for my new job for the next few days...so it's going to be a FULL week at our house! 

What about you? Are you in "back to school" mode?
Any fun plans for the week, other than laundry and grocery shopping?? HA!
Hope you have a WONDERFUL Monday!

Linking up with HeatherJohannah and Lindsey today!!


Comments

  1. We are finally getting back in the swing of things and it is wonderful! We love summer so much but we needed a routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you guys had a good weekend!! Those Sunday routines are the best. I make all of Emma's lunches for the week on Sundays during the school year, and it's such a time saver for the rest of the week!
    I hope you have a great week and good luck with training for your new job!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We head back to school next Tuesday. I head back this week for meetings. I am so glad that you guys had such a great weekend. I love the makeover. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have lunch packing helpers! It definitely makes the job easier. Hope you all have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts