Friday Favorites!

Hi friends!! Happy Friday!!

PHEW. We've made it through the first FULL week of school for 4 of my 5 kiddos! 
They have had a great week and I am SO proud of them!!

How has your week been??
I sure hope it's been a good one!!

Here are some FAVORITES of mine from this past week!

//ONE//
First day of school for Charlotte, Cora, Celine and James!!
I can't tell you how WIERD and AWESOME it has been to drop all 4 of them off at school every morning! James is doing a mixture of 1/2 day and full day pre-k...and he has been a rockstar! Every day this week, when I have picked him up, without even asking him, he tells me, "I had a great day mom!" 
Seeing them all so happy and loving school is for sure a big FAVORITE of mine!
Marshall had to join the crew for a picture!! Crazy to think in just a couple more years it will be all FIVE of them at the same school!
//TWO//
Several months ago, we created a "locker" set-up along one of the walls in our garage. We have a small laundry room and keeping all of the kids' backpacks in there was just NOT working!! 
So- Aaron took the boring white wall and put up shiplap and then took a sturdy, big board, painted it and attached 7 hooks to it! Then we ordered the shelving from Pottery Barn, got the rugs from Target and the metal bins from Walmart.
And voila! A perfect little space was created for all of our kiddos' stuff!
Here's another view of it! 
We just love that we have a space that we can keep organized AND that has enough room for everyone! I don't think this qualifies as a "room" in our house...but it's definitely a FAVORITE space of mine!
//THREE//
Over the last couple of weeks, I have been busy doing a fundraiser for my dear friend April's precious daughter Charlotte. Most of you know that Charlotte was recently diagnosed with a rare, genetic disease that is incurable and terminal. April has the most AMAZING group of friends in Charlotte, where their family lives, and they have taken such incredible care of her family over the last couple of weeks. I have felt so helpless as a friend who isn't local to Charlotte and wanted to help in some way....so...I decided I would make homemade cinnamon rolls and sell them as a fundraiser! I contacted my friend Owen and she contacted another friend Emily (who lives in a nearby town) and we were able to come together and sell 105 pans of cinnamon rolls...allowing us to donate $2505 to Charlotte's medical fund!!! 
I am SO grateful to Owen and Emily for spreading the word about the fundraiser, as well as delivering soo many cinnamon rolls to the people who bought them! Shout out to Johannah for making our incredible graphics!! She is the BEST!
Working together with Owen and Emily and being able to help April's family in a small way was absolutely one the most FAVORITE parts of my week !
//FOUR//
I shared this picture on Instagram yesterday...but thought it was too cute NOT to share here on the blog too ;)
We found out corndogs were $0.50 at Sonic last night and quickly threw out our original dinner plans!
It was the MOST gorgeous evening, so we decided to have a fun picnic dinner at one of our FAVORITE local parks. 
Not only did we have tons of fun...the major bonus was that I didn't have to cook dinner or clean up the kitchen...which is basically the best thing ever!! :)
//FIVE//
We've got some super fun plans for the weekend and I am just really looking forward to our pizza picnic tonight...and a couple days "off" from our new school routine! 
I always say weekends take on a whole new meaning once school starts and we are so busy during the week!!
Saturday + Sunday = FAVORITE days of the week!
Hope you have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend!

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!


Also joining Christina and Natasha for their fun link-up!
Linking up with TifBeckyDella and Katie too!






Comments

  1. You are a ray of light.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regine- that is such a kind thing to say...thank you!!!💗

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that you guys had a great first week back to school =) Your space for their backpacks is incredible! With 5 kiddos you definitely need something like that! I love it!
    I saw on IG how much money you were all able to raise and I am SO proud of you guys! You did an amazing job!!!!
    Happy weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go with the fundraiser! That's amazing! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go with the fundraiser! That is incredible. I am so happy to hear you had a great first week back at school. That backpack area is AH-MAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Your garage system is amazing!! I love that you DIY'd portions and then shopped for the furniture you needed. What a great way to organize your kids. It's so nice to have hooks to keep things up and off the floor. And it's perfect for big kids. You are working so hard to make your house a home. Congrats on the super successful fundraiser. Your cinnamon rolls look delicious. Praying for sweet Charlotte all the time. Hope you have a great weekend with your crew! Can't believe how grown up everyone is looking in their back to school clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the cinnamon roll idea! What a lovely fundraiser. The corn dog meal is pure mom genius. Also- pottery barn shelves in your garage?! I want to be you when I grown up. I hope one day to have pottery barn on the inside my house ;). That drop zone/mud room space is PERFECTION.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts