Friday Favorites!

Hi friends! 
It's FRIDAY!

I wanted to thank you so very much for the heartfelt comments left on my previous post about Charlotte Robson. I know everyone is just absolutely heartbroken for April and her family. What has been so absolutely amazing is how SO many people have come together to help the Robson's through donating on GoFund Me, purchasing off of their Amazon wish list and most importantly keeping them in your daily prayers. For those of you on Instagram, April has created an Instagram account (@charlottesjoy) to document sweet Charlotte’s leukodystrophy journey — focusing on JOY while navigating the ups and downs. She has posted lots of updates and I feel like it is such a privilege for us to follow along in their journey. April will do ANYTHING for her children, and while I know it's not easy for her to document many aspects of what they are going through, if she can help just one person and bring awareness to Leukodstrophy, it is WORTH it to her!!!

In the midst of so many HARD things going on...it has really made me aware of what matters and what doesn't. I am focusing more on the simple pleasures that are SO often taken for granted....because those are the REAL moments that make up our lives!!

Here are just a few things that brought me a lot of happiness this week!!

//ONE//
This past Saturday, we went on a family run and then headed over to our town's local farmer's market!! We had SO much fun and left with a watermelon, zucchini, squash and a brisket!! It was such a fun way to spend our Saturday morning!
//TWO//
We have been so busy traveling this summer that we have not had a chance to go to the pool on the weekend! The kids and I go 3-4 times during the week- but Aaron hasn't gone with us a once due to him working and us being gone a lot. Despite a rainy weekend, we snuck in about an hour and a half at the pool this past Saturday and the kids were THRILLED Daddy got to swim with them!! 
//THREE//
With the new school year approaching FAST, I have been looking for easy breakfast options that are packed with protein. So many of my friends love this Kodiak pancake mix, so I picked some up at Walmart the other day...I made them for breakfast and ALL the kids loved them. That is what I call winning. HA! I put a little smear of peanut butter on their pancakes and they gobbled them right up. I am going to try and make a good amount ahead of time and keep them in the freezer! We just bought a waffle maker- so this mix will be great for making waffles too!
//FOUR//
The girls and I went school supply shopping this week and I picked up these super cute earrings as a treat to myself!! Walmart has the CUTEST earrings and there are a lot of them that are on clearance!
//FIVE//
Do you read my friend Owen's blog, The Davis Duo? She lives here in Greenville and we connected through our blogs and the fact that our husbands sometimes work together.  I reached out to her about a month ago, when it was time for me to get my hair done, because I knew her sister was a hairdresser. Keelhn, her sister, did my hair a couple of days ago and we just had the BEST time chatting. And she did an amazing job on my hair!! I know the internet has MANY downfalls...but oh my goodness...I have been connected with some of the MOST amazing people through my blog...Owen (and now her sister too) is one of them!
Speaking of amazing people I have met via my blog, I want to give a HUGE shout-out to my friend Johannah. Owen, another local friend named Emily and I have been up to a little fundraising project for the Robson's this past week and I messaged Johannah to see if she could help us out by designing some graphics for the fundraiser. Literally within MINUTES she had the most PERFECT graphics made and I am just so thankful for her help!! I love you Johannah!! THANK YOU!!!

Okay friends...I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend. 

Please keep praying, praying, praying for the Robson's.

Also, I know some of you might also be going through a hard time. I would love to pray for you. If you feel comfortable sharing your prayer request in the comments- please do so! If you don't- email me at fullhandsfullheart08@gmail.com. 

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!


Also joining Christina and Natasha for their fun link-up!
Linking up with TifBeckyDella and Katie too!





Comments

  1. Oh what a great list of favorites. I love that you guys enjoyed the farmers market. Your hair looks amazing as well. WalMart earrings are where its at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love when their dad swims with them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks amazing! Johannah is just the best! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful to have met you through this space!!!! Have LOVED seeing you so much this week! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun to take the time to get a hair makeover. It looks lovely!! So glad you've had a fun, family filled week. Walmart does have fun earrings and they are regularly just $3. Win! Praying for April, Charlotte and their whole family. So glad to see everyone coming out to support them. We have yet to go to our local farmer's market, but I'm hoping to make it there this month. Hope you're having a great weekend. We are hoping to go swimming today :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts