Grateful for Makeup and Coffee!

Hi friends!!

Happy Tuesday!!

Is your week off to a good start?
I sure hope so!

The kids have a 1/2 day today- and then have the rest of the week off!
Aaron works a half day tomorrow and then has the rest of the week off too!

I am really excited about today's blog post because I am sharing about a new-to-me beauty brand!!

I know I have told ya'll this before- but I am OBSESSED with makeup. I truly love it. I could spend hours in Ulta!  My makeup bag is OUT OF CONTROL. HA!

Soo...when my friend Stephanie reached out to me and asked me if I would be interested in trying out a holiday eyeshadow palette from Beautycounter- which is a high performing clean beauty brand- I was SO excited!! 
They are setting the standard in safe and healthy beauty products- that REALLY work!

I have tried SOOOO many different brands of makeup and I was very intrigued to try out this eyeshadow palette by Beautycounter because I know so many people who already love and use Beautycounter products!
 Here is the gorgeous eye shadow palette Stephanie gifted me!
You can find it HERE on Beautycounter's website!
 Ok- so here's a picture of me before I applied my eye makeup! The only thing I had done so far was fill in my eyebrows and put on concealer and powder!
 I started by using Lunar as my base eyeshadow. It is the prettiest light shimmery color with a hint of pink. I LOVED how it looked on my eyes!
 Next, I put on a layer of Aurora. This is a pinky shade with shimmer. It is darker than Lunar and I added it on top of Lunar to give some more definition to my eyes while still keeping the look light and bright!
 For an accent color in the crease of my eyes, I used Satellite. I was very careful to start out with a light layer of this color because Beautycounter's eyeshadows are very pigmented and I wasn't going for a super dramatic look! 
After I finished blending in Satellite, I put on my eyeliner (I used my own) and then to highlight the inner portions of my eyes, I added some of this gorgeous color, Constellation.
I LOVE this color! It's sparkly and beautiful!
 Here's an up close picture of my finished eye makeup!!
You can see the eyeshadows blend beautifully and have the prettiest shimmer to them!
 Here's a picture of my finished makeup!! 
As I said above, I used the Beautycounter eyeshadow palette found HERE and then used my own eyeliner and mascara.
Just FYI: Right now- Beautycounter is having their Black Friday sale and the eyeshadow palette I used is just under $31!! You get free shipping if you spend $50 or more- which is a great incentive to try out a lip gloss or blush along with the eyeshadow!

 I used the eyeshadow palette again on Sunday! I did the same look I did on Saturday.
What I noticed on Sunday is that this eyeshadow really does stay put.
I am used to using Senegence Shadow Sense- which is a cream based eyeshadow that literally doesn't budge. While this eyeshadow doesn't have the same holding power, in my opinion, as Shadow Sense, I was very pleased with how my eye makeup looked at the end of a looonnggg day of church and decorating the house for Christmas!
The other product Stephanie gave for me to try out is one of Beautycounter's lip glosses!!
OMG. I love this lip gloss!! I always go with a light, shimmery lip color- so the color Rosewater Shimmer, from this Mini Lip Gloss Vault was perfect for me!! 
This lip gloss smells AMAZING, stayed on my lips, did NOT feel sticky and felt so moisturizing! If you have ever tried Mac's Lip Glass- this lip gloss is very similar in my opinion- except BETTER and less goopey. And all the ingredients are CLEAN!
So- here's my honest thoughts as someone who just tried out a couple of products from Beautycounter. They are extremely HIGH QUALITY.
The colors are pigmented and definitely comparable to other high end beauty brands I have used. 

I do find Beautycounter's prices to be a bit more expensive than your average drugstore makeup brands- but the fact that all of Beautycounter products are CLEAN and free of toxins is a HUGE selling point. Since their prices are a bit higher- NOW is a great time to try out a product or two since they are having their Black Friday sale. 

I know that I am going to continue to try products from Beautycounter, especially as my oldest daughter gets closer and closer in age to being able to wear makeup!

Ok- so here's where the fun part comes in for ya'll! I am currently doing a little giveaway on my Instagram page @fullhandsfullheart7

Stephanie is gifting one of you one of Beautycounter's fabulous holiday mini lip glosses and because I love makeup AND coffee- I added in a Starbucks gift card!!

Definitely go check out my post on Instagram and enter to win! And if you don't already follow me- just send me a direct message on IG :)
I am kind of weird about who follows me on IG because #theinternetisfreaky - HA!

Hope you have the BEST day!!!

Comments

  1. What beautiful colors. You know I love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo pretty Justine!!! I love all the shimmery colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty eye shadow palette! Love the colors on you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts