Hello Monday!

Hi friends!!

Happy Monday!!

How was your weekend??

We had a good one!! 

Saturday was LOOONNNG. Just keepin' it REAL. HA!
Aaron left super early for work, it rained all day long and the sun literally never came out. The kids and I ran a bunch of errands and then, of course, after a day of not being able to go outside, they were TOTALLY nuts by the afternoon. 
Poor things...they seriously are like caged animals (HA!) when they can't play outside!! 

But...Aaron got home from work 15 minutes before our babysitter showed up and we got to go on our date!! We went to a fun burger place and then ended up at Walmart where we bought the most random assortment of a couple Christmas trees, goldfish, apples and shower gel. HA!

Sunday, Aaron was out the door super early again- but he was able to meet us at church and instead of having to go back to the hospital- he was able to come home- which was SO great.

Luckily, the rain had stopped- so the kids got to play outside a bit- but they ended up spending most of their afternoon in the kitchen playing multiple rounds of "Chopped" with their play-doh :) They are obsessed with that show and it is seriously so funny to hear them being like the judges and chefs on the show!!
I had done all of the week's lunch prep on Saturday and got all our grocery shopping done- and on Sunday morning, I prepped our dinner.  So for the first time in MONTHS- I actually sat down and read a book while the kids played play-doh and Aaron got caught up on work stuff. Of course, I could have cleaned something or folded some laundry- but reading "Winter Storms" was SO much more delightful!!
We have a JAM PACKED week ahead of us, with multiple things going on each evening- 
so I put together a super SIMPLE meal plan. 
I am utilizing some convenience foods I normally don't buy- because this mama needs some shortcuts this week! I am also taking advantage of meals I have stashed away in our deep freezer!!

Here's what's for dinner at our house this week!!

MONDAY: At home "Chick-Fil-A" chicken sandwiches, 
waffle fries and steamed green beans

TUESDAY: Potato corn chowder, grilled cheese 
& carrots and cucumbers with ranch for dipping

WEDNESDAY: 4 Ingredient chili, cheesy biscuits and side salads

THURSDAY: Chicken tenders, mac 'n' cheese and steamed broccoli

FRIDAY: Pizza! 

SATURDAY: Leftovers!!

SUNDAY: Meatball Subs and steamed broccoli

What's on your menu plan for the week??

What do you have going on this week? As I mentioned we have quite a bit going on...which if I am being honest- is making me feel slightly twitchy. HA! 
But it's all good stuff and then next week is Thanksgiving week and the kids and Aaron will have a few days off of school and work and we will have some nice down time together.

Here's to having an AWESOME week and inviting God to be with us in whatever we are doing...whether that be changing dirty diapers, grinding it out at work, driving your kids all around town, cleaning up a million messes or just your "regular" day to day duties. 
Gratitude changes EVERYTHING!
Hope you have the BEST day!

I hope you have the BEST day and a wonderful start to your week!!

Linking up with HeatherJohannahTanya and Lindsay!

Comments

  1. I need to add that book to my list to read. I am trying to read all the Christmasy/Winter books right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for date night! So glad that ended up working out and I'm sure it was needed after a long day indoors. That always makes time drag on. Hope your busy week is a great one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a busy week ahead! Way to go on already getting the meal plan and grocery shopping done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts