Hello Monday!

Hey hey friends!! Happy Monday!
How was your weekend?

Our's was really nice!! Our two older daughters had a fall carnival and fall dance on Friday night- they both had so much fun! Saturday, our school had their fall festival and Aaron and I were the "greeters." Aaron channeled “Grease lightning” vibes and I dressed up in one of Charlotte's old dance recital costumes and was a "fairy." I had too much fun putting on lots of sparkly makeup and wearing my daughter’s pink Nikes! Ha!


It was the perfect sunny warm afternoon and we all had a great time!
Sunday, we went to church, Aaron and I went for our weekly Sunday walk, and we carved pumpkins Sunday afternoon.  The weather the entire weekend was sunny and in the 80's. 
It was truly AMAZING!
Here's what we will be eating at our house this week! 
I made my first lasagna about a month ago - yes- I am 42 years old and just made my first lasagna. HA! Anyway...everyone (minus my boys) loved the lasagna- which I was quite surprised about! So I am making another one this week! It's surprisingly easy and Aaron loved the leftovers!
This is the second week in a row I have made Aaron a big meal to eat throughout the week (my goal is to do this weekly for him). Last week, I made him a big pan of enchiladas and this week I made him a chili cornbread bake. This recipe could not be easier and it's SO delicious! This would be a WONDERFUL meal to make someone! Just add sour cream, shredded cheese and maybe some fritos(!!) and you've got such a yummy dinner!
Speaking of yummy things to eat- I am feeling the need to change up what I eat. I am a SERIOUS creature of habit and can literally eat the same thing over and over and OVER again....but every once in awhile I get a strong urge to change things up!!

Here's my game plan for this week:

BREAKFAST
Egg white and chicken sausage "muffins" 
I am literally going to pour egg whites in a muffin tin and drop in a couple pieces of chicken sausage in each muffin. I can eat them on their own, put a couple of them in a wrap or have a couple pieces of toast with them!

Lunch
Turkey, lettuce + a little light mayo on a wrap
or 
Simple egg salad (2 whole eggs + one egg white mixed with light mayo, salt and pepper) on a wrap

Dinner
Breaded baked chicken on a salad
or
Lightened up chili cornbread bake with a side salad
**the chili cornbread bake I made for Aaron looked and tasted so good- I want to make one for myself! I will not be adding beans to my chili and I will use almond milk to make the cornbread to keep it dairy free!**

I am excited to do a little meal prep and have some different meals to enjoy this week! 
Side note- I don't eat the same dinners my kids do. I follow a dairy free diet and they love cheese, milk, all kinds of dairy! HA! It's absolutely no big deal for me to make them their dinner and I have my own dinner. I know this isn't ideal for everyone- but it works for me!

Ok friends!! Tomorrow is Halloween and then we start a NEW MONTH. I am feeling energized about entering into the last 2 months of the year and finishing up some personal goals I set for myself. 

How are you feeling about November being just RIGHT around the corner?
I kind of can't believe it. I literally feel like we were just in August and school was starting...and now I am Christmas shopping!!!

I am off to get my kids to school, workout and then head to Aldi!
I hope you have the BEST Monday!

Comments

  1. The chili cornbread bake looks delicious! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts