Hey Monday- Catching Up!

Hey hey friends!!! Happy Monday!!
I am back after an unintentional blog "break!"

Two weeks ago, my kids got sick with a SERIOUS stomach virus...and I also caught it :(

In my fifteen years of parenting,  I had never experienced a stomach bug quite this bad. Two of my kids were SO SO sick. Thankfully, after a very long week, everyone started feeling like themselves again! We are all healthy and I am SO grateful!!

We had a great weekend- the weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Here's a little recap!

Aaron has the first two Fridays of the month off. So we got to spend the day together while the kids were at school! We did a Costco run in the morning. 
(WHY ARE THERE SO MANY PEOPLE ALWAYS AT COSTCO???) 
We got home, unloaded all of our groceries, had a quick lunch and then headed to my mom's house. A couple of weekends ago, Aaron built her a raised garden bed. She designed it and he brought her vision to life! He had a few boards he needed to add for it to be totally finished. It's always so fun to stop by and chat with my mom for a bit!

Here's a picture my mom took when Aaron was building the raised beds. She texted me and told me he works like a "hurricane." HA! He does work really fast. He is crazy efficient!!  
Saturday was a nice, low key day- which I just LOVE! My oldest son went to the children's museum with a few friends from school in the morning. The rest of us went for our family run! A couple of months ago, we started running together as a family on Saturday morning. We are now at the point where the kids can run around 1.3 miles without stopping!! After our run, everyone did their weekly chores. That's always a good time. HA!

Saturday evening was especially fun! 
My oldest daughter has been dating the NICEST young man for about three months now. 
She invited him to come over and they cooked dinner for our crew!
We ate outside and it was just SO nice!! As my husband and I were doing the dishes after dinner, he commented, "Well that was a great dinner!" and I couldn't have agreed more :)

Sunday always rolls around too quickly for my liking!! We went to church and then had our Sunday cinnamon rolls when we got home. We colored the icing green in honor of St. Patrick's Day :) Aaron and I went for our Sunday walk and then headed to Lowe's to get some yard supplies. Once we got home, the boys, Aaron and I worked in the yard all afternoon. 

This guy NEVER stops working. You would not believe the tree roots he was digging up when I forced him to take this picture! HA!
In preparation for the upcoming week, I grilled a bunch of chicken for dinner. Up until a couple years ago, I NEVER grilled. It was just Aaron's "thing." I realized how ridiculous that was and stopped waiting for him to be available to grill! I now grill chicken, shrimp and hamburgers all the time. I still leave the steaks to Aaron :)
We had our usual Sunday burgers and fries for dinner and ate outside again. Isn't eating outside JUST THE BEST?!?

And now here we are...back to Monday!!
Anyone else looking at the calendar and wondering how March is more than half way over?!?!
Easter is in just TWO weeks!!! I've got everything I need for the kids' Easter baskets and their Easter outfits that I ordered should be arriving in the next few days. I LOVE Easter :)

I know I have shared this with ya'll- but I have been the WORST at meal planning. 
But! I put together a menu yesterday because I NEED A PLAN. HA!
Here's what we are having for dinner this week!
Here's to a great week! Our's is pretty busy with multiple appointments along with all the usual stuff. I am going to take it one day at a time and just do the next right thing. Highly recommend doing that if you feel overwhelmed with ALL THE THINGS :)

Hope you have the BEST day friends!


Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear everyone was sick. Stomach bugs are the worst. Our Costco is always crazy and I rarely go. They are building another one in our area, so maybe that will help with the crowds. I kind of prefer Sam's anyway with the Scan and Go. Hope you have a good start to the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you do another Costco haul? I love seeing your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm scared of our grill - haha! I need to get over that :) I can't believe you've got kids old enough to be dating. Please take all the notes, figure out all the things and pass them on to me! I am glad to hear that you're all on the mend. There's nothing quite like an agressive stomach bug. Yuck! Our Costco is always so crowded so I have kept a Sams Membership. I just can't quit their curbside service and the scan and go makes trips go so fast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts