Catching Up!

 Hey friends!!

Happy Monday!!!
How was your weekend?? 

Our's was FULL and really fun!

Here's a little WEEKEND RECAP:

Aaron and I went to see the band Needtobreathe on Friday night- it was an AMAZING show!!

Saturday morning Marshall had a friend come over for a little birthday party! James, Marshall and Marshall's friend had such a fun time! They played legos, had a picnic lunch and then Aaron took them to the woods by our house to build a fort. They came back to the house for m&m chocolate chip cookies and mini ice cream cones. Marshall was SO happy :)

Saturday evening, we headed over to my mom's house for dinner. My aunt and uncle (my dad's sister and her husband) were visiting and my mom made a lovely dinner. My brother's family came over too and it was such a fun night!!

We went to church on Sunday morning, then grabbed a few things at Costco- including 4 giant ferns!
The rest of Sunday involved a 3.5 mile walk for Aaron and me, a trip to Home Depot, yard work and grilling out patty melts on our Blackstone grill for an early birthday dinner for Marshall!

We always JAM pack a lot into our weekends...and I always go to bed VERY happy and VERY tired. HA!

I am sure not very many of you noticed...but I haven't written a blog post in a couple of weeks. That was kind of unintentional AND kind of on purpose. HA!

When I started blogging again last fall, I made a promise to myself to not force anything. If I didn't feel like posting- I wouldn't. This is a NO PRESSURE thing for me. Which is exactly why I know I will NEVER EVER be a popular or well known blogger- and I am okay with that :)

Anyway...I haven't fell hugely inspired to blog lately and I think it's in part to me DRAMATICALLY decreasing the amount of time I spend on Instagram. I started out the new year with a commitment to decrease my mindless scrolling and I did really good for about a month! And then I just started scrolling again and have been SO lazy about holding myself accountable.

Randomly, about a week ago, I just decided to delete Instagram off my phone. I kept it off my phone for the whole day and then put it back on that night. I spent some time catching up on stories and posts...but I only let myself be on there for a short time (versus mindlessly scrolling for over an hour). I have kept up with keeping IG off of my phone- except for the short time I "check in" at night. 

This has been equal parts amazing for me- and CONVICTING. I am the person who convinced herself that the hours I spent on Instagram was "okay" because I was consuming "positive" content. 

BUT....even still...I was looking at a bunch of people I didn't even know...being incredibly distracted by the most random things...and I was truly wasting so much of my time!!
And what I didn't realize until I took Instagram off my phone was how much brain space was being taken up by things that do not matter to me!! 

I have such a FULL, wonderful life. I REALLY love my REAL life. I love people. I also love silence. Time to think and to be just fully engaged in what's right in front of me!

Anyway...I am definitely rambling now. The moral of this whole story is that the less I have been on Instagram...the less I have wanted to blog. I have found I really enjoy not being near a screen that much! HA!

So that's where I am at right now. And I don't exactly know "where" that is! 
But I thought I would share with ya'll regardless :)

Here's a quote that I have been really focused on these past few weeks..it's one to really ponder!!

"Voluntary simplicity means going fewer places in one day rather than more, seeing less so I can see more, doing less so I can do more, acquiring less so I can have more." 
Jon Kabat-Zinn

I hope you have a beautiful Monday and a wonderful week!

Comments

  1. I have given up social media for Lent the past few years and while it is hard to adjust the first few days, I welcome the break. I put a timer on Instagram so I am mindful of the time but sometimes I find myself still scrolling. I am not on Facebook as much and I kinda like the break from people I actually know 🤣. Glad you are finding what works for you. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I am not the only one who needs to be very mindful of spending too much time on Instagram! I am not on Facebook...I have heard that is an interesting place! HA! Thanks for taking the time to comment Sue!

      Delete
  2. I can totally relate to just blogging when I feel like it. I am on IG much less these days, since I also periodically take it off my phone. Sometimes when I get back on, I can see that I really didn't miss anything! It's kind of crazy to think about how much more time we had before we had computers in our pockets!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts