Mexican Chili Cornbread Bake!

Hey friends!!

Happy Wednesday!!  Happy FIRST day of MAY!
I hope your week is going well! 

I have a VERY easy dinner idea to share with ya'll today!!

I am calling this a "Mexican chili cornbread bake." 
This recipe is a spin off of a chili cornbread bake- which Aaron and I LOVE. 
You can find the recipe for that HERE

Here's what you will need:

1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey or chicken)
1 can corn - drained
1 can black beans- drained
1/2 cup - 1 cup of your favorite salsa- we love Mateo's
1 taco seasoning packet 
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
1 box cornbread mix (and ingredients needed to make the cornbread)

First, brown your ground beef and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Once the beef is cooked, add in the taco seasoning packet. Then add in the corn, black beans and salsa.

You can see in this picture I went out of order. I just dumped everything in the pan and cooked it all together- that works too! HA!
While your beef, corn, and bean mixture simmers all together- mix together your cornbread mix according to the box.
Pour the beef, corn, and bean mixture into a 9 X 11 baking dish. 
Then, spread the cornbread mix over the top of it.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until the cornbread is baked all the way through!

This dish takes no time to prepare and you only dirty one pan and one bowl when making it! That right there makes it a winner for me! HA!
I love making this for Aaron to eat for lunch all week. 
It's also a wonderful dinner to bring a family!
You can include some shredded lettuce, guacamole, sour cream and shredded cheese and they get to have a fun spin on taco night!

You can also make this a dairy free meal by subbing water or any kind of dairy free milk in the cornbread mix!

If you end up making this, let me know what you think of it! And also- be sure to check out the recipe that inspired this dish- it's equally delicious! You can find it HERE!

Have the BEST day friends!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! We used to make this all the time. I'd totally forgotten about it. I must make it again soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts