Weekly Walmart Finds!

Hi!! Happy Wednesday!!
How's your week going so far??

Wouldn't you know it- our house has been hit with the "back to school sickies??!?!"
Our little James had a fever all weekend long...and was so miserable...but I just really thought it was a little virus and by Monday it was gone. Well...yesterday morning Cora woke up, acting really "off" and saying her throat hurt- I took her temperature and sure enough- she had a 102 degree fever!! I checked Charlotte's and Celine's temperatures multiple times before we left for school and they were both fine. I got a call around 1:45 pm yesterday from the preschool director letting me know Celine had a 101 degree fever and was passed out in her office!!! And then, when James woke up from his nap- he was burning up and his fever had come back! AAAHHHH! Stupid school germs! Soooo yeah...I have 3 sick kids on my hands today...and you can bet I will be letting them binge watch Netflix! HA!

Okay...so you know the health status of my children...now- we can talk about fun stuff!! HA!
So- my "Weekly Walmart Finds" this week are a bit random...but I am pretty excited to show you them regardless!

I have mentioned this several times already- but if you didn't know- we are renting our current home and have less than 1 year left on our lease. We do not know where we are moving once Aaron completes his residency- but we do know that we will be buying a house! I am SO excited to decorate my OWN home (we have been renting for 8 years now) and get new furniture and home decor items!!

One thing we want to do in our new house is get the girls bunk beds...we would like to have all 3 of them sleeping together in one room and having a set of bunk beds would free up a lot of space.  I was browsing Pottery Barn Kids' website and I found these bunk beds...I really love the clean, simple look of them- but they also seem very sturdy. This set costs $1199...pretty darn pricey in my opinion!!
Well...of course...you know where I went after I was on Pottery Barn's website....Walmart.com!! DUH :)  And you won't believe what I found!!!
This almost identical set of bunk beds by Better Homes and Garden...for $299.98!!
These bunk beds have a 5 star rating and to me- looks almost identical to the Pottery Barn Bunk Beds!! The only bummer is that they are sold out right now online...but WOW. What a deal!! 
While I was browsing Pottery Barn Kids for ideas for the girls' bunk beds- I came across this mixed metal/wood bunk bed set...which I think would be so cool for the Marshall's and James' room! This particular bunk bed set is $1519. Definitely quite an investment!!!
Look at what I found on Walmart's website....for $199!!! These bunk beds are by Better Homes and Garden and it may just be me- but they look SUUUPPPERRR similar to the Pottery Barn version pictured above!! And for a price difference of $1320...I am willing to deal them looking not exactly the same! These bunk beds also separate into two twin beds..which I really like. I am seriously scheming a cute room for the boys with these beds!!
And finally...while Aaron and I do not need a new bed...he made us a gorgeous bed several years ago...I am wanting to freshen up our bedding. The set we have now is several years old and I am just looking for something fresh and new!

I totally love the look of this bedding set!
This is a ruched duvet cover and sham set from Pottery Barn...for the king size in this duvet cover- it costs $167. I personally don't think that is terrible for a high quality duvet cover - but it is also not what I consider to be inexpensive,
You guessed it- I found a pretty much identical comforter set on Walmart.com- it is by Better Homes and Garden- and for the king size ruched comforter and 2 shams- it is $44.96!! This comforter set has 147 (almost) 5 star reviews!! 
I am seriously IN LOVE with this comforter!!! 
It may just be me- but I think it's pretty awesome to see such similarities in items that come from a "high end" store versus Walmart...which most consider a "cheap" place to shop!
Yes- Walmart has amazing (inexpensive) prices on items...but I think there is a misconception that the things they sell aren't well made- which in all of my experiences shopping there- is just not true!!

What are your thoughts?? I know my friend Leigh just got done re-doing her daughter's room- and they did most of their shopping at Walmart! They were able to give her room an adorable makeover for just right around $100!! 

Even though it might not be the first place you think of for furniture, bedding or other home items- definitely check out Walmart.com- you might be surprised at what you find!!

Hope you have the BEST day and Happy Shopping!!

(And P.S. I know most of you know this- but none of these posts are sponsored...I just really enjoy shopping at Walmart and saving money!!)

Comments

  1. I LOVE all your WalMart finds. That white comforter is Beautiful!! But white would scare me to death. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- i feel you on the white...but that is what bleach is for! :)

      Delete
  2. Great finds. I just love your weekly Walmart finds series! We have just moved from one house to another and I have more kitchen cabinets and more storage space. I found a lot of drawer orangizers and plastic containers at Walmart. Also found a plastic liner made especially to fit under the kitchen sink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So awesome Steph!! It always feels so good to get everything organized!!

      Delete
  3. Ummm...awesome! I love the bunk bed for the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bunk beds are so much fun -- they scream childhood to me. What a fun way to spend your nights? At a permanent sleep over on bunk beds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you keep the white white with your kids? I have always wanted white but have 4 young kids and it scares me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...we are SUPER strict and don't really let our kids be on our bed. We are mean :) So we don't really have to worry about stains and stuff....but I have found that just a good hot wash in bleach really keeps white looking great!

      Delete
  6. First of all, I hope everyone is feeling better very very soon! Not fun at all to have all the kiddos home sick.
    Your WalMart finds are amazing this week!! I actually like the white bunkbeds from WalMart better than the Pottery Barn ones. I like how the ladder is attached to the beds =)
    And the white bedding is beautiful!!!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johannah! I totally agree!! I like the Walmart beds better too!! And thanks for thinking of the kids...I know you know all too well how NOT fun it is to have sick kiddos!! :)

      Delete
  7. I love all your finds, especially the bedding. My husband I were discussing going with white bedding, but were worried it might not work with three kids. At that low Walmart price, it's definitely a risk worth taking! I agree on the quality of Walmart items. I've been especially impressed with their kid's clothing. They hold up much better than similar items I've bought from JCPennys & Kohls.
    Hope your little ones feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the white bunk bed set. So pretty and perfect for little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! These are crazy similar and MUCH cheaper!! We need to get William a new bed - considering he is 7 and still in his crib converter bad. Haha. Love your Walmart finds - it inspired our Walmart room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm rarely disappointed with Walmart quality. I bet the bunk beds are almost the same as Pottery Barn. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am impressed!! I think bunk beds are so much fun, but always assumed you had to spend TONS to get a nice set. Wrong! Thanks for sharing these great Wal-Mart options. We got Olive's nursery furniture from Walmart.com and I am so impressed with their online furniture selection :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my....bunk beds..something I've not thought about yet!! BUT...I LOVE THESE! There's a soft spot in my heart for white furniture for little girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just SO sweet?? I can already picture my girls laying in them and having the best time!! :)

      Delete
  13. I love WalMart online but the store itself is what gets me. The ones by me have terrible lighting and just look dingy and dirty which does nothing for the perception of the store. However, WalMart.com has great lighting :) and you can really see the products without getting distracted by how dirty the store is. I agree with you 100%! I love those bunk beds by Better Homes and Gardens! I have always found their stuff to be great quality and really comparable to the higher end stores!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts