Thoughts For Thursday: Doing Small Things with Great Love!

Hi!! Happy Thursday!!!

I have something that I wanted to share with you today :)

Earlier in the week, I got an email from my sweet friend Johannah, who was sharing an email SHE received from Britanny, who blogs over at Just Another Day in Paradise
Are you following this so far?? HA!

Brittany's next door neighbors sadly lost their precious boy Noah to pediatric cancer last June. One thing sweet little Noah realized while going through all of his treatments was how un-cool it was to just have the boring skin colored bandages all over his body with all the pricks and pokes that comes with treatment for pediatric cancer.  
If he felt that way, he knew other kids did too.  He started a drive to collect fun bandaids (that all our kids love) and distributed them to other kids at Children's Mercy Hospital in downtown KC.  What started as a small drive, turned into something much bigger.  The KC Royal's got involved, the KC news, etc.  While he did end up passing away in June 2015, his family and friends are working hard to ensure his amazing project: Noah's Bandage Project, lives on.  

So in honor of September being Childhood Cancer Awareness Month- I wanted to share about this amazing project and let you know how, in a very simple, easy way, you and your family can help :)

Here's a couple ways you can help out:

//1// 
If you would like to send colorful and fun bandaids to help Noah's project live on please email me and I will pass the information along to you!! What a fun activity to do with your children this weekend...it's such a simple way to teach your child about being aware of other's struggles and how to care for them in a tangible way!

//2//
If you are a blogger and would like to participate in spreading awareness about pediatric cancer and Noah's bandage project, plan on publishing a post on Wednesday, September 28th to share you and/or your kiddos buying lots of bandaids!! 

//3//
If you would rather just send a donation to Noah's Bandage Project- that is WONDERFUL too!
You can donate HERE.

I don't know about you- but sometimes I can feel overwhelmed with all of the excruciatingly HARD life situations other people are going through. I want to help- but I just don't know where to begin.  
I think we can all get caught up feeling like if we can't do something BIG or donate A LOT money...our efforts aren't really that helpful.
NOT TRUE.
Saint Mother Teresa of Calcutta said, "Do small things with GREAT love."

Please contact me if you feel led to donate some boxes of bandaids to Noah's Bandage Project!! can't think of a better way to spend an hour or so this upcoming weekend, than by taking a quick trip to Walmart or Target to pick out some fun bandaids for a precious little child fighting the awful battle of cancer.

I hope you have the BEST day!!!

Linking up Annie and Natalie today!


Comments

  1. I am so thankful that Johannah shared this story and project with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Me too! Love our amazing blogging community! :)

      Delete
  2. This is too sweet - what a small but impactful difference this little guy is making!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet thing to do in memory of her son!! I can just see kids lighting up at the sight of fun bandaids - I know mine love them. We'd love to participate - could you email the information on where to send the bandaids?? I'll spread the word on the 28th

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea and plan to mail my package out this week. I love making a difference no matter how small.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg!!! This is amazing! Thank you so much for promoting this!! I'm going to post more information as well as a PO box that people can send the bandaids too as well and some hash tags today!!! I've been talking with my neighbor about a fun picture for the link up- again OMG!! You guys are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts