Easy and Delicious Cheesecake Recipe!

Hi!  Hope you had a great Monday!  So- are you in charge of dessert for Easter?  If you are- I have a super yummy and EASY recipe to share with you today!  

I love, love, love to bake!  I make a lot of cakes, cookies, pies, and brownies.  One dessert I don't make often is cheesecake! I never feel like it turns out good and I am always disappointed that my efforts yielded something less than edible!  I just picked up a springform pan at Wal Mart...it is by Wilton and it was only $6.88!!  I checked online and they do not have them online :(  This one is not the exact one I got- but it looks really nice and is only $15!  

So anyway...I got my springform pan and I needed to bake a dessert to share with some friends...so I decided I was going to give making a cheesecake another try!  I used a really, really simple recipe and it turned out delicious! I also made my own graham cracker crust which I think make a huge difference.  

First, for the crust....here is the recipe I used!

Easy Cheesecake Recipe

2 packages (8 oz) softened cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat!)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs 

Heat oven to 325 degrees.  Mix softened cream cheese with sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, making sure to incorporate.  Pour into graham cracker crust and bake for 40 minutes or until the center is just set.  Cool for at least 3 hours.  
The recipe source can be found here.

I would definitely say this cheesecake is on the creamier side...it is not as dense as a New York Style cheesecake.  It is almost a hybrid between the texture of a "no-bake" cheesecake and a traditional cheesecake.  

I gave this cheesecake to friends as a "thank you" for them watching our kids while we went out to celebrate our anniversary.  I wanted to make it extra special, so I made a simple fruit sauce to pour on top of the cheesecake.  I just took some frozen blueberries and strawberries, about 1/2 cup of water and a big, heaping spoon of strawberry preserves.  In a small sauce pan over medium heat, I let everything cook down and thicken.  It took about 10 minutes and it was ready!  So easy and it definitely added that something special to cheesecake!

Do you have a favorite cheesecake recipe? If so- PLEASE share it with me!  
I would love to try it!
Hope you have a wonderful day! :)


Comments

Popular Posts