Random Thursday Ramblings....

Well....I have no idea how it is Thursday already!?!  We just got back from visiting my parents yesterday...whenever I am out of our "regular" routine I literally lose track of the days!  It's kind of nice to check out every once and awhile :)

Sooo...our time at my parents' house went a little differently than we planned.  My oldest daughter got extremely sick Sunday night (threw up multiple times) and continued to be sick and have a fever for a full 48 hours.  I have never seen her that sick before :(  She did not get out of bed for 2 days straight minus to use the bathroom and take a bath at night.  We all felt so horrible for her!!  And the whole time she was sick, my mom and I were waiting on pins and needles to see if another one of my kids was going to get sick.  She finally started feeling a little bit better today but still is not 100% herself.  We just keep saying prayers she gets better and that the rest of my kids stay healthy!  So far, so good!
And on top of my daughter being sick, it got super cold and rainy.  What an awesome spring break! HA!  But despite the crappy weather and my daughter having a horrible stomach bug- it was so nice to be "home" for a couple of days.  My parents are so hospitable and are so great about embracing the crazy that comes with taking care of my crew.  They never flinch when a huge mess is made or if someone has a screaming fit.  They are pretty much the best and I am just really thankful for them!

Totally switching gears here...but I am thinking about getting something like this to wear this summer when I am running around with my kids.  I have seen other moms wear them and I think they look so cute!  I definitely have a little junk in my trunk...so I am wondering if this is something I could pull off?  I probably will order it and give it a try- can't beat Nordstrom's free shipping and returns!

Doesn't this recipe look delicious? What a great way to use leftovers from a pork roast!  Or you can use this recipe to make ahead oven roasted pork.  I love cooking a large piece of meat and then being able to use it in multiple meals!

I saw these sandals mentioned on another blog about a week or so ago and I just LOVE them! I own multiple pairs of Reef flip flops and they are SO comfortable- but I have heard equally great things about Havianas!  I may just have to try them out! :)

Sooo...I don't know about you- but right around 4 pm- I am dragging a little bit.  Usually I have a cup of coffee...but now that it is getting warmer- I am not always in the mood for a hot cup of coffee.  I found this at Meijer and it was love at first sip :)  I add one packet of stevia and a couple splashes of chocolate soy milk to the coffee with a few ice cubes and it is seriously perfection in a cup.  It doesn't take much to make me happy :)  

How has your week been going?? Anything to fun to share?
Hope you have a wonderful day!





Comments

Popular Posts