Friday Favorites!!

Hey friends!!! 

Happy Friday!!!
We are all VERY happy we're at the end of this week! I mentioned HERE that the kids and I got super sick this past Sunday- and it has felt like it has taken all week for us to get back to normal!

How was your week?? 
I sure hope it was a good one!!

Since it's Friday...I am sharing a few, fun FAVORITES of mine from this past week!!

//ONE//
I was at the Dollar Tree last week, picking up some things for my daughter's birthday and saw these fun summer plates! We are getting ready to re-do our back porch/patio area and I thought these plates would be SO FUN to use when we start dining al fresco more!!
They are not a super "sturdy" plastic plate...but I figured for $8 (I got 8 of them) they weren't a bad deal. They just scream SUMMER to me!!! 
//TWO//
We went on a family trail run this past Saturday and treated the kids to donuts afterwards. My absolute FAVORITE way to spend a Saturday morning is exercising together as a family...then getting a fun treat! Aaron has been on call more than usual- so it was extra nice to have a morning where we could go running and get donuts as family!
//THREE//
We ate breakfast at our church for Mother's Day and in our spiritual life center there was also a craft fair taking place. I saw this super fun wreath and convinced Aaron I needed it for our front door. I just love how bright and cheerful it is! And the woman we bought it from was the sweetest...so I loved being able to support her small business!
//FOUR//
*SUPER awkward selfie alert!*
 HAHA!
A couple nights ago, after we got the kids in bed, I checked my Fitbit and realized I needed some more steps to hit my goal for the day. So- I got my earphones and walked several laps around my neighborhood while listening to my FAVORITE Pandora station- Matt Wertz Radio. 
I have to tell you: it was SO LOVELY to just stroll, listen to music and just decompress from the day!! I decided I need to start taking an evening walk more often- it might just turn out to be a new, FAVORITE activity for me!!
//FIVE//
I recently brought some chocolate chip cookies to a cookout and several of my friends immediately asked me for the recipe. I have actually blogged about my chocolate chip cookies HERE- but thought it would be fun to just share the recipe again! This recipe makes THE BEST chocolate cookies (in my humble opinion). This is an adaptation of the recipe my mom used when I was growing up and I like to think I have perfected it! :) 
Make a batch this weekend and it might just turn into your new FAVORITE chocolate chip cookie recipe!! ;)
So what's on the agenda for you this weekend??

We are supposed to get random storms and rain all weekend...and as luck would have it- Aaron is on call all weekend...so the kiddos and I are flying solo. I am going to have to get creative so we don't go STIR CRAZY being cooped up inside!!

I am thinking we will hit the gym and grab some donuts on Saturday and on Sunday we will go to church and then probably just stay home and get ready for our last FULL week of school. And I should probably do some laundry too.....MEH. HA!

Hope you have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend!!

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!


Also joining April, Christina and Natasha for their fun link-up!
Linking up with TifBeckyDella and Katie too!

Comments

  1. I love those plates! I have been on the hunt for some super cute plastic ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies sound so good. I love those plates. I also love going for evening walks! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the plates! I have stocked up on plastic plates in several designs...I have a total of 14 now. I use them when we have people over because they're kid proof, but a little nicer than paper plates. Way to go on getting those steps in! I'm going to start walking in the evenings and get the fam to come with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dollar Tree plates and buy a set each season for my front porch patio set! That wreath is darling as well and so cheery! Those cookies sound amazing!! Have a great weekend! Shannon @slayitagainshan.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts