Hello Monday!!!

Hi friends!! Happy Monday!!
I am linking up with Johannah, Heather and Lindsay today!!


How was your weekend??
Our's was good!! 

Aaron worked all weekend...so the kids and I were on our own!
 We went to a SUPER fun event at one of the local parks here in Greenville, called River Fest. They had lots of different activities set up for the kids to learn about protecting our local rivers and wildlife and we had a blast!! 
On Sunday, we went to church and then over to some friends of our's to have a cookout with several other families from our school and church. I can't tell you how wonderful it has been to meet so many wonderful people since moving to Greenville last June! We are a part of an incredible school/church community and I am just really thankful!

And now it's MONDAY. We've got a pretty full week. I know I have heard SO MANY other people say this, and I am here to whole heartedly agree: MAY IS NUTS. Between my work schedule (I work for an elementary school and end of the year paper work is always SUPER fun- HA!) and all of the kids' activities/school parties/end of the year stuff...plus Aaron's kind of nutty work schedule...it's A LOT. But you know what?? I have caught myself MULTIPLE times getting a little worked up about all that has to get done...but then I just stop. And take a couple deep breaths and pray. Then I make a list and just start small on what I need to take care of. It ALWAYS all gets done. So I can either choose to be a crazy, insane person doing all the things. Or I can just chill out and take it one day/activity/event at a time!!
I have decided to choose the latter because I want my family to still like me once we get through this crazy month. HA!


One thing that really helps me stay organized, no matter what season of life we are in, is having a meal plan for the week. If you have been reading my blog for any length of time- you know I am not fancy and I don't even really make "recipes." But- I do have a meal planned for every night of the week- and we sit down together to eat- no matter what!

With that being said, I thought I would share what's on our menu this week!
Monday: Smorgasbord night :)
We have some leftover food from this weekend...so Aaron and I will throw something together with the leftovers. The kids are having "dino nuggets" (I get them at Aldi) with steamed broccoli and cauliflower and applesauce.

Tuesday: Meatballs subs and salad + triple chocolate cake for dessert! My brother, who lives in California, is in the area doing a training this week and he is stopping by for dinner!
I posted about my favorite, current way to make meatball subs in my last  blog post- check it out HERE!

Wednesday: Hot dogs on the grill + applesauce + green beans. 
We almost always grill out hot dogs on Wednesday night because the kids and I get home late from the girls' dance class. Aaron gets home before us and he grills the hot dogs and has dinner ready to go when we get home! 

Thursday: Tacos! I change up what kind of tacos we have every week....this week we are having ground turkey tacos..I have both soft taco shells and crunchy taco shells because my family is divided on that front! HA! I ALWAYS have a taco salad :)

Friday: Pizza! Every Friday our family has a "pizza picnic." The kids pick out a movie, we set out a big quilt in the living room and we eat pizza and watch a movie!

Saturday: We are going out to Red Robin to cash in my daughter's free birthday meal!! YAY for a night of no cooking or cleaning up!!

Sunday: Mother's Day AND my daughter's birthday!! 
I have requested shrimp + chicken + veggie kabobs on the grill and my daughter has requested grilled cheese. HA! So the kiddos will have grilled cheese, mac 'n' cheese and carrots/cucumbers with ranch dressing (her birthday requests :) and Aaron and I will have kabobs!

Just a side note-...sometimes- the hardest part of meal planning, for me at least, is just coming up with ideas of WHAT TO EAT.
If I am feeling like I literally have no idea what to make- I "shop" my pantry and our big deep freezer to see what meals I can make around what we already have. And then if I need a little bit more inspiration (which is almost always- HA!), I will use this "meal idea list" I found from the blog, Just Sweet and Simple
(FYI- It doesn't appear this is an "active" blog- but I wanted to give credit to where I found this meal idea list!)
So what's on the menu at your house this week??

Trying out any new recipes? 
I would love to know what you are making...I am ALWAYS in need of new meals to make my hungry crew!!

Hope you have the BEST day and a great week!



Comments

  1. I'm with you! May is SO crazy! I told Ben yesterday that I have so much to do... I could feel myself starting to freak out so I stopped took a deep breathe and told myself it would all get done! :)
    We are trying Whitney's veggie bowls tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May is definitely busy for us too! You're a rockstar mama and I agree that it is super important that we sit down for dinner together every night (or as many nights as possible!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you guys have been in NC for almost a year! I think you need to do a home tour of your new beautiful home =) Just an idea! Ha =)
    Glad you guys had a great weekend minus Aaron having to work. Every other weekend Brian works so I know how it is flying solo with the kids. Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm Pizza picnic sounds like my kind of friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the meal list and all of your meals for the week. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your menu for the week. I also whole-heartedly agree with you and the month of May. I try to embrace each day and the activity(ies) for the day! It is such a fun time of year with a lot of excitement but it can get overwhelming if you let it. I hope you are having a wonderful week with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. May really is a busy time of year!! Trying to squeeze in all the things before summer. We're grilling as much as possible this week and having some easy meals from the freezer. I'm hoping for a yummy brunch out for Mother's Day. Your plans sound like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts