Hello Monday!

Hi friends!!

Happy Monday!!

How was your weekend??

It was an especially good one for us because the kids didn't have school on Friday and Aaron took the day off!! It was actually a super rainy, gloomy day- but we went to the gym, the kiddos played, Aaron worked on a couple projects and I tackled our never ending pile of laundry.  

Which leads me to a question for all of you....am I the only one who feels like they are NEVER caught up on laundry?? Obviously this is a SUPER first world thing to be even be whining about...but I tell you...I feel like one or two shirts multiples into an overflowing laundry basket in a matter of seconds! HA! I do a pretty good job of trying to get ALL of our laundry done by Sunday evening and put away sometime on Monday morning. But...then we get going through the week and while I stay on top of washing and drying all our dirty clothes...getting it folded and put away is another story. HA! 
ANYWAY. Enough about laundry. HA!

Saturday, we went on an adventure and drove about an hour from our house to go to the Sylvan Heights Bird Park. We had the BEST time!! It was a chilly, fall day and it just felt magical to be walking around a beautiful nature preserve exploring!! The kids had so much fun seeing all the different types of birds. We had a picnic lunch, explored a little more after we ate and headed home in the early afternoon. It was just a really, really good day! 
I wanted to share  meal that I made on Saturday night that was SUPER yummy and EASY.

I picked up some chicken breast tenderloins on sale at Aldi along with some pre-made macaroni and cheese (it was in the refrigerator section where they have their specialty prepared foods). 

I cut up the the chicken tenderloins into bite sized pieces and put them in a large ziploc bag. I dumped a bunch of ranch dressing in the bag (I get ranch at Walmart and Aldi...we don't have a specific brand we prefer). I also put in about a 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. I shook the chicken up and made sure every piece was coated and then put it on a covered baking sheet. Then I sprinkled some more parmesan cheese over the chicken pieces and baked it at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes.
I warmed up the pre-made macaroni and cheese along with some green beans and we had a complete meal ready to go in under a 1/2 hour!
The kids and Aaron LOVED the chicken and I loved that it was an easy, NOT messy dinner that everyone ate happily!
BOOM!
Some Monday Motivation for you!!!
What is one thing you could change or switch up this week that could positively impact you (and your family)??
I am going to make it a goal to get my laundry put away throughout the week so I am not overwhelmed with it by the time Friday rolls around. This is going to free up more time to hang out with my kiddos- which is WAY more fun than putting away laundry!!

Hope you have the BEST day!!!

Linking up with Heather, Johannah and Lindsay today!!

Comments

  1. Great recipe idea, and NO! The laundry is NEVER caught up around here, and I had been thinking that it would slow down by now, because I have only one child still living at home full time, but he's a lot more "fashion conscious" than his older brothers were (I have four sons), and son #3 arrives home every Friday from college with a huge basket of very dirty clothes, so the piles never seem to stop.
    The good news is that I get to be grateful that I can do this small task to love on my kids while they are still coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea on the chicken, I'll have to try that soon! Laundry is never ending and I do a load mostly every day! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that reminder about our daily routine. That is so true. What a great reminder. I also love that meal idea. My kids would go crazy for it. My laundry is never caught up. It is a constant chore in our house. I fold clothes right out of the dryer and pray over my people as I fold their clothes. It helps put a positive spin on it! I hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to exercise daily and involve the kids when I can. I am focusing on healthy habits/feeling my best instead of any talks about weight loss with the kids. They get excited to get moving with me. I try to do laundry every day so that I don't get stuck doing a ton of laundry on the weekends. Today I washed towels. Sheets probably need to happen tomorrow. Then kid clothes, my clothes, kevin's clothes, etc. A little every day helps me stay on top of the laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, the laundry struggle is real. I have gotten somewhat of a handle on it by putting a hamper in each boys' room and that way I can wash one persons laundry each day. It makes it so much faster to fold since I don't have to sort and if I don't get around to doing it they all know how to do their own!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts