Friday Favorites!

Hi friends!!

Happy FRIDAY!!!

How was your week???
It's been pretty low key at our house...and when I say "low-key" you know that our baseline is CRAZY...so I really just mean nothing EXTRA crazy happened...right? HA!
Speaking of crazy, we were at our school's annual Halloween Carnival last night and another parent asked Aaron, "I just don't know how you guys do it!!! How do you get out the door in the morning?? We can barely do it with ONE kid!"

UM. Aaron and I burst out laughing. Morning time at our house is completely nuts and no matter how much we prepare, organize, get up waaayyyy earlier than the kids- it never fails- usually at least 2-3 of the kids scream at us about something, no one can ever get anything done without at LEAST 20 reminders and we almost always running late. HA!
We've just come to accept that are house is a looney bin between the hours of 6:00 am - 7:30 am!!
Anyway...with that being said...it's Friday and we are headed into the weekend where we get a break from that "special" morning routine. HA! Tell me you know what I am talking about!!!


//ONE//
It is finally feeling like Fall here in Eastern North Carolina!! I am wearing long-sleeves and and pants and NOT sweating. HA!
I really do feel like we went from 90 degree weather to having frost in the mornings! And while I am definitely Team Summer ALL THE WAY...I am not minding the cooler weather. I am snuggling under my favorite quilts at night, drinking LOTS of hot coffee and it's just fun to have a CHANGE. 
Since it's been cooler, I have been wearing my two FAVORITE booties from Walmart- (you can find them HERE and HERE), these jeans from Walmart and these tops from Target (I have at least 4 of them! HA!) I'd love to know...what's your FAVORITE fall clothing items??
//TWO//
This past Monday I shared what was on our menu plan for the week. We were trying out these parmesan herb chicken tenderloins from Aldi for the first time  and I wanted to report back on how they were!!!
One word: DELICIOUS. 
The kids LOVED them. Aaron LOVED them. I used them to make chicken parmesan sub sandwiches...but Aaron and I decided they would also be so delicious, cut up, over a big salad!!
If you have an Aldi- definitely look for these chicken tenders in your freezer section!!
//THREE//
Earlier this week on my Insta-stories I shared about this adorable sleep top from Walmart!! 
Friends. It is SO cute and cuddly. Several of my friends mentioned they had gotten the other version, a burgundy colored top with the words, "snuggle." SO FUN!!
It is only $9.96 and I think it would be such a cute gift idea!!! You could get this top, pair it with some cozy PJ pants and slippers and you have the PERFECT gift!!
The link to them on Walmart's website is HERE! Unfortunately, it looks like the "baby it's cold outside" top is sold out- but they still have size medium in the "snuggle" top!! I know they are both in the store- so be on the lookout for them!! They are in the pajama section!!

//FOUR//
I got a craving for some brownies last weekend...so off to Google I went...searching for a yummy brownie recipe! I have a good one that I normally use..but I wanted to try a new recipe. I found a recipe that claimed to be "quick and easy" and taste like a box mix (which I happen to love)- so I decided to try it! You can find the recipe HERE!
They turned out SO yummy and they were SO easy to make! 
Also- I have decided that I my FAVORITE way to enjoy a brownie is the next day, at room temperature. Don't get me wrong, they're delicious when they are warm and just out of the oven...but I love them even more the day after.
What about you???
//FIVE//
We have an extra fun weekend ahead of us...for the FIRST since Aaron started his job (in July 2017), he took off a Friday!!
The kids don't have school today and I don't have to work, so last week I asked him if he would take the day off so we could have a 3 day weekend together. After some switching around of things on his schedule...he was able to make it happen and we are so excited to have him home today!
We have fun plans to go to the Sylvan Heights Bird Park tomorrow, we might try and visit a local pumpkin patch, the girls have a fun halloween party at Charlotte's dance studio tonight and Aaron is really hoping to finish the inside of our sunroom!! 
Most of all...I am just SO looking forward to a few mornings of NOWHERE to go, with all of us HOME!
Hope you have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend!!

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!

Linking up with TifBeckyDella and Katie too!



Comments

  1. Mornings here are crazy too! And I don't have as many kiddos as you! Some mornings I just throw my hands up in the air and say i'm done! I have been known to grab my purse and tell the girls when their done, I'll be in the car. LOL Does that make me a terrible mom?!?! =)

    I hope you have the BEST long weekend friend!!! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy three day weekend!!! That is so fun that you're all off together. Enjoy that extra time with each other. You're my parenting hero because I also struggle to get two kids out the door. I think you've got some serious mom super powers :) Good luck finishing up your sun room. It's got to be so exciting to see it all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ended up buying both of those sweaters last weekend and love them both. They are so soft and the fit is really nice. I hear you about the weekends and being able to take time off of the regular morning routine. Mornings are crazy around here too. Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts