The BEST Birthday Getaway!!

Hi friends!!

Happy Tuesday!!!

Today is a VERY special day for our family...it's our number one guy's 40th birthday!!!
Yup. My hubby is 40. And looks pretty dang good if I do say so myself! HA! ;)

In honor of his birthday today...I thought it would be fun to recap the BEST birthday getaway we had this past weekend!!

A couple months ago, I asked Aaron if he wanted to do a big party or just something special with me for his birthday. He said he wanted ME :) So- I got busy planning a fun birthday weekend for him!

We drove up to Raleigh Friday night and spent the night at my brother's house. Early Saturday morning, we headed to Pinehurst, NC- which is only about 1 hour 15 minutes from Raleigh. It is the CUTEST town...and is VERY well known for it's golfing community and the fabulous Carolina Hotel and Resort.

We went straight to the Pinehurst Golf Club for Aaron's tee time which was at 10:00 am!
It was FREEZING but I came prepared with a hat, gloves and not one but TWO coats. HA!
As a special surprise, I had a bag tag waiting for him when he checked in at the pro shop! I wanted him to have something memorable from golfing at Pinehurst :)
The third line that is engraved is the longitude and latitude of course #8- which is where he played his round of golf! He loved it and immediately put it on his golf bag :)
He had the BEST time and was totally in his element! I have never golfed with him, so it was SO much fun to drive around with him in the golf cart and learn more about the game!! 
BEST morning with the birthday boy!
After we finished our round of golf, we headed to the Pinehurst Brewing Company for some lunch! Aaron got some soup and I got a salad and we split the smokehouse platter. This barbecue loving, Texas boy was SO happy!!
Our lunch was SO good and we just had the best time sitting at the bar hanging out and talking!! 
After lunch, we headed over to Southern Pines, which is a little town, literally RIGHT NEXT to Pinehurst. They have the CUTEST little downtown and we had so much fun walking around and checking everything out. We ended up at Swank Coffee Shop, where we re-fueled with some caffeine!
Once we finished walking around downtown Southern Pines, we headed over to our hotel. We stayed at the Marriott TownePlace Suites in Aberdeen, NC (another town SUPER close to Pinehurst) and were SO surprised when we walked into our room and saw that it was decorated and there were all sorts of goodies and beverages for Aaron!
One of Aaron's really good friends, who lives in the area, stopped by and dropped off his favorite adult beverages and put up a bunch of really cute 40th birthday decorations. SO SO nice of her!!
We hung out for a bit and then got ready to head to dinner! We had to take an obligatory mirror picture...because that's what you do when you are kid free and dressed up for a fancy dinner! HA!
We had dinner at the Ironwood Cafe and it was PHENOMENAL!
Our waitress, who was SO fun, made us take a "kissing" picture. 
I wasn't mad about that one bit! HA!
We both had filets with fresh green beans and roasted potatoes. Everything was SO good and by far, the best steaks we've ever had!
And for dessert, our waitress brought out homemade creme brûlée for Aaron! 
After dinner, we headed back to our hotel, got in our jammies, turned on the Food Network and then promptly passed out about 10 minutes into watching an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. It was the PERFECT end to a PEFECT day!
The next morning we were up bright and early and went to church at 8 am. 
After church, we headed over to the Carolina Hotel to enjoy their famous breakfast buffet in the Carolina Dining Room.
Oh my goodness. Everything was SO delicious and the dining experience was just LOVELY. It was the perfect way to end our weekend!
After we were finished with breakfast, we got changed into "comfy" clothes and hit the road back to Raleigh to pick up the kids!
We got a great report from my sister-in-law and brother- which made us SO happy. It's always nice to know that your kids aren't TOTALLY crazy. HA!
We got back home in the early afternoon and spent the rest of the day getting ready for the week. We went grocery shopping, I made lunches for the week, we did all of our laundry from the weekend and I managed to get a batch of muffins and Aaron's birthday cake made!

I know I probably sound like a broken record...but it was the most wonderful little getaway. We were only gone for about 30 hours total...but the time away, just the two of us, was SO rejuvenating and it was SO much fun to spoil my husband and celebrate the incredible man that he is!

So thankful God put Aaron in my life 12 1/2 years ago. 
He is MY person and totally lights up my life.
He is steady, hysterically funny and so incredibly helpful.
He loves me and our children fiercely and is always seeking God to lead him through this crazy journey of life.
Here's to 40 years babe!! 
So thankful for you and cannot wait to see what's in store for you and for us this upcoming year!!!

Hope you have the BEST day and thank you for letting me ramble about my love!! ;)

Linking up with HeatherJohannahTanya and Lindsay Hello Monday and with StefanieKeriMauriSarah, and Lindsay for Welcome Wednesday!

Comments

  1. Awwwh that sounds like a fun weekend getaway! I would love to do something special one of these days for my husband for his birthday. It's just hard to tear him away from the farm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Aaron! The 40's are just the BEST, and I wish him lots of health and happiness. What a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Pinehurst is the best little town around! My grandparents lived there when I was growing up and it holds so many wonderful memories for me! I am so happy that you made some there too! The golf and the history are amazing!! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Aaron! What an AWESOME getaway! Ben turns 40 in April and this would have been his birthday getaway choice, as well! I do not believe he has ever played at Pinehurst! I may be emailing you to get more info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your hubby! What a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great post! Happy Birthday to your hubby! So glad you both enjoyed some special time away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet, sweet post and I'm so glad that you two had such a great time. It's so important for parents to have these special times together. Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are the cutest!! What a special birthday getaway. I remember when my mom turned 40 and it seemed so old. Now that I'm QUICKLY approaching 40 I'm certain that it isn't that old :) I totally recognized Pinehurst from all the golf I've watched over the years. What a fun adventure. You both look so happy and all of your planning worked out perfectly. So glad you got to get away for a bit of kid free birthday time. I'm hungry after reading about all of your delicious food. I'm also loving your outfits. Love that hat, your cute sneakers and those berry leggings. And your dress up clothes were great, too. You really packed perfectly for all of your outings. What a cute wardrobe you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your hubby!! Mine turns 40 this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you had a great trip! Happy Birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts