Thoughts for Thursday: Yoga Pants- Splurge Vs. Steal

Hey friends!! Happy Thursday!!!

Hope you are doing well...Friday is almost here!!! 

So- it has been a few years since I've had a good pair of yoga pants. I have a drawer FILLED with lots of workout leggings (my FAVORITE are 90 Degree by Reflex- find them HERE on Amazon)- but do not own a pair of yoga pants! I used to have several different pairs...but I got rid of all of them a couple of years ago- they were worn WAY past their time! HA!
So...with that in mind- I thought I would share a VERY unofficial review of two pairs of yoga pants: SPLURGE Vs. STEAL style!
I am all about paying more for a higher quality item- especially if I am going to wear the item a lot- but I am also not TRYING to spend a ton of money if I don't have to! I am not big into brands and could care less who made my clothes- as long as they fit me well and are high quality!

SPLURGE
I ordered a sale tunic top from Athleta and decided to include their top rated yoga pants in my order to see if they were worth the money. They are $89- which in my opinion is pretty ridiculous- but again- I was open to trying them-especially if they made me look like Superwoman. HA! These pants are called the Studio Flare Pant by Powervita and they have AWESOME ratings.
These pants are a medium weight and have a matte black look to them. The leg opening is quite wide. They definitely "held me in" and they fit well!
One aspect of the Athleta pants that stuck out to me, was the fact that the waist band was a ribbed material. I personally didn't care for it! It definitely adds a little something different- but it wasn't something I liked.
Personally- I was underwhelmed by these pants. They are definitely very well made and I would totally wear them- but NOT for $89.

STEAL
These yoga pants are by a brand called Bubblelime and I got mine off of Amazon. They are $29.99 and have EXCELLENT reviews. One of the reasons I liked them was that they carry different inseams! I am on the taller end of the spectrum (5' 8") and I have the hardest time finding yoga pants that aren't too short on me! I ordered both the 31 inch inseam as well as the 33 inch inseam. I also ordered a small and a medium. I ended up keeping the size medium- 33 inch inseam. I am usually wear extra small or small in workout leggings- and I could have worn the size small- but they were just a smidge too snug in the booty area for my liking :) The medium is still fitted but are not SUPER tight.

I absolutely LOVE these yoga pants! They are extremely comfortable, very flattering and you can tell they are very well made! An absolute steal at $29.99! 
These pants have a "shinier" look to them than the Athleta pants. I would say they are also a little bit more light in weight. 

In the end- for $30- I was very happy with the Bubblelime yoga pants and those are the ones I kept!!

The way I looked at it was- I could get THREE pairs of Bubblelime yoga pants for the price of ONE pair of the Athleta yoga pants and it was just kind of a done deal for me. HA! Also- I truly LIKED the Bubblelime pants better!

I would love to know- are you more of a SPLURGE or STEAL kind of gal when it comes to workout/athleisure clothing? I know so many people are obsessed with Lulelemon- I have never tried any of their clothing- because I just CANNOT pay $100 for a pair of leggings. I am sure they are amazing..but not that amazing in my humble opinion. HA!

For me- I love Walmart, Old Navy and Amazon for my workout/athleisure tops and bottoms. A brand I am willing to spend a little more on is Calia (it's Carrie Underwood's brand)- but I ALWAYS wait for sales before I buy anything!! 

Hope you have the BEST day!!

Comments

  1. I need to check those out! I love Calia too but always wait for it to go on clearance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Reebok girl when it comes to that stuff and Dick's seems to have some really good sales which allows me to save a bit. :) I will say if it is pure athleisure, I will spend the extra money. I bought Zella leggings during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and totally think they are worth the extra money. I have the Amazon dupes of those, and find they just collect too much fuzz for my liking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get my leggings and yoga pants from TJ Maxx. They always have name brand, nike, reebok, zella and it's always super affordable! I always get the girls Nike and Under Armour stuff there too. I'm definitely a steal kind of girl and not splurge =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts