Friday Favorites!

Hey friends!!

Happy Friday!!
YAY. This week felt fast and furious and by yesterday evening we could all barely keep our eyes open at the dinner table. HA!
We are ready for a fun, relaxing weekend- that's for SURE!
I love sharing my "Friday Favorites"...I think it is such a happy way to end the week!! 

ONE
All of our FAVORITE shows are back and we are SO happy!
Aaron and I are not big TV watchers...so basically when our favorite shows go on hiatus...we barely turn on the TV!
It's been so fun to have something to look forward to once the kiddos get in bed!! We LOVE Chicago Med, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and on Friday nights- we love to watch Blue Bloods. Do you have a favorite show or shows? Do we need to be watching anything else??
TWO
Most mornings I work out at the gym...but Wednesday has become my "run outside" morning and I am LOVING it. Being outside and moving my body is HANDS DOWN one of my most FAVORITE things to do! It was a beautiful and HOT morning when I took this picture- definitely looking forward to some cooler temperatures next week when I go on my trail run!! There is nothing better than going for a walk or run when the air is cool and crisp!
THREE
A few days ago, I went to the Dollar Store and stocked up on a bunch of thank you cards, encouragement cards and thinking of you cards! Sending a card in the mail with a little Starbucks gift card is one of my FAVORITE ways to show a friend or family member I am thinking of them!

Earlier in the year, I got this greeting card organizer and it has been SO handy for keeping all of my cards organized!! I keep it in my office, along with several $5 gift cards from Starbucks. That way, when I want to send a card to someone- I have everything all in one place! It is a priority for me to let people know I am thinking of them- and having everything I need to send a card- just makes it an easy and FUN thing to do! :) 
FOUR
I decided yesterday I wanted to try out making homemade granola bars- so I found this SUPER simple recipe from the Gimme Some Oven blog and they turned out SO yummy! 
I am ALL ABOUT buying snacks for my kids to make life easier- but I also don't mind, and actually enjoy, taking a little bit of extra time to make them homemade treats/snacks. Especially now that my oldest daughter is getting older and is extremely active, I have wanted to make sure she is eating nutrient rich foods. If she is going to snack on a granola bar, I want to know it's going to fill her up and have good, clean ingredients in it!
These peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars only have 7 ingredients in them and literally came together in about 10 minutes! I will for sure be making them again as they are already a FAVORITE in our house!
FIVE
It has been HOTTER THAN HOT this past week and our pool has definitely been the FAVORITE place to be! Yesterday, it was 97 degrees outside, the kids got out of school an hour early and I just had about 2% energy reserve left for them. HA! I fed them a good snack (see above granola bars for what they had!) and then sent them outside to swim! They were in the pool until dinner time!!! 
We love our pool so much and I am just SO thankful for it!
Do you have any fun/special plans for the weekend?
We have a couple fun things we might do tomorrow and on Sunday, before church, we are getting our family pictures taken. WISH US LUCK. If you want to see my true colors come through- show up to a family photo session. HA! I am an absolute FREAK when it comes to family photos. HA!

Hope ya'll have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend!!

And just in case you missed my other posts from this week- you can check out "Tuesday Talk" HERE and "What I am Loving" lately HERE!

Linking up with TifBeckyDella,and Katie too!

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!

Comments

  1. It looks like you all had a great week! I have heard it has been SO hot in the south. We are certainly experiencing fall temps up here in the North. Come visit =) My favorite shows are Chicago PD and Chicago Fire too! I am quite a few episodes behind from last season, and we got rid of cable recently and just have youtube TV. So I have been trying to find a way to watch the episodes I missed from last season before starting this season!

    I am so glad you are enjoying your pool. It looks so refreshing!! Hope you all have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're hilarious! We've got family pics on Sunday with my whole side of the family. Kevin is about as excited as you'd imagine, I'm stressed trying to coordinate 20 people and there's rain in the forecast! Ahhhh. Praying we both have great family pic sessions this weekend. Your workout post on instagram really inspired me and helped me have a great mindset. Exercising and moving really is a gift. I love thinking of it that way and it makes me look forward to building that into my days. Thank you! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! We woke up to temps in the 50s today so it seems as though Fall is here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love walking outside every day and could even say I'm addicted to it. It took a long time to develop the habit, but now I can't imagine going more than a day without getting out for a walk! I love the idea of keeping greeting cards on hand, especially when they are $1. Great little organizer too! We are having all kinds of homecoming fun with the game, a dinner at our house, and the dance. Hope your pics go smoothly. Your family is so cute I'm sure you'll get some winners!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts