Friday Favorites!

Hi friends!!

Happy Friday!!

How was your week?

We had a good week! It went by pretty fast and besides Marshall having a fever for a couple days (he's better now!)...we haven't really had any bumps in the road. Not all weeks are so uneventful...so I am THANKFUL for a NICE, BORING week :)

Aren't these mums beautiful???
They were at a nursery we went to last weekend and if I didn't kill every plant I come in contact with (HA!)- I would have brought home about 10 of them! SO SO PRETTY!
It's Friday...so here's some FAVORITES of mine from this past week!!

ONE
First- I wanted to share a few things that made me happy on the web/Instagram this past week!
One of my FAVORITE things about blogging is the wonderful friends I have made. Whitney from Polka-Dotty Place was one of my first blogging friends and she is one of the KINDEST, most thoughtful and intentional person I have ever met. She joyfully announced their family will be welcoming baby #3 next spring and I couldn't be HAPPIER for her! Reading her announcement was definitely a highlight of my week! You can read her announcement HERE! This post by Emily Wilson on Instagram was a big FAVORITE of mine this week. I was shaking my head YES the whole time I was reading it. I saved it and plan to share with it my daughters when they get a little older. And I loved this graphic from @onsiteworkshops. I saved it and plan to print it out for my girls. We are definitely in a season of learning how to FEEL our emotions while demonstrating self-control and not hurting others in the process:) It's an ongoing journey guiding these children of mine and I love when I stumble across something that can be helpful for ALL of us!
TWO
I picked up this short sleeve sweatshirt like top at Loft last week and I am LOVING it! 
It was on sale and right now there is an extra 40% off on sale items! It's the perfect weight for the transitional fall weather we have here in the South! 
I wore it this week with jeans and I am thinking when it gets a little cooler- it will look so cute with black jeans and a denim jean jacket over it!
THREE
Do you listen to Pandora or Spotify? My husband really likes Spotify, but I personally enjoy Pandora. I have the app on my phone and also listen to it on my computer. The Need to Breathe station has been my FAVORITE for quite some time and it's all I have been listening to this past week. I have decided that I am making a bucket list for 2020 of things/places I want to see/do and going to a Need to Breathe concert is going to be at the top of my list!!!
FOUR
I shared earlier in the week on Instagram about a super easy chili I was making for dinner!
I thought I would post it here- because it was SO good. And literally took me 10 minutes to put together.
Here's the ingredients plus a pound of lean ground beef.
 I browned the ground beef and seasoned it well with salt and pepper. 
Then I dumped everything into my crockpot and cooked it on low for 8 hours- but ended up turning it to "warm" at about hour 6 because it was definitely cooked and I didn't want it to start burning on the bottom.
 I made a bag of my FAVORITE 90 second pasta to use as a base for our chili (that's a Midwest thing to have pasta with your chili!!) and then had corn chips and shredded cheddar for fun toppings. I also made mini grilled cheese using these small dinner rolls I get at Aldi! I try to stock up when they go on sale and just put them in my deep freezer!

My husband and I LOVED the chili. I gave him the leftovers with a sandwich for lunch the next day and I think he told me how delicious his lunch was at least 4 times :)
My kiddos were less than impressed with it because of the kidney beans. But they ate it and one of my girls actually had seconds! I am pretty desperate to add some different meals to our current menu plan- so I will take the little bit of complaining in exchange of eating something different and yummy! ;)
FIVE
On Wednesday, I did a fall home tour!! You can check it out HERE!
I don't go overboard with fall decor and keep it pretty simple...which is probably why my fall decor is one of my FAVORITES to put out ;)
Do you decorate for fall? Halloween? or just wait for Christmas?
Okay friends...that's it for today!!

I am going to our school's mass this morning..one of my daughter's is doing a reading and one of the girls is getting a virtue award! It's pizza night at house tonight- so YAY for no cooking!! Tomorrow we have a playdate with some new friends and the weather should be beautiful all weekend! I plan on doing all of our meals outside...because #NOCLEANUP!

Hope you have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend!!

Linking up with TifBeckyDella,and Katie too!

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!

Comments

  1. You guys had a great week! I'm sorry that Marshall had a fever this week. Alyx had one randomly too. She woke up this morning fever free, thankfully! I hope you all have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Needtobreathe! I have been to several of their concerts. A few years ago, they came through Southwestern Ontario and they played a show in our city and a city an hour away, back to back nights. My husband and I went to both of them and it was so worth it-- a totally different experience even though they were consecutive. I hope you're able to go to a concert some day. I also love listening to them in the gym-- was doing intervals this morning to Angel At My Door :) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I really hope I can make it to one of their concerts!! And I am going to add Angel at my Door to my running playlist!!! Thank you for the suggestion! Happy Friday!

      Delete
  3. My 3 youngest will not eat beans! Love your decor! So classy and pretty!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make a very similar chili recipe but I do add some corn too; and my kids don't like the beans either. Those mums are beautiful but I'm not very good with plants either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to try that chili sometime soon - it looks so easy! I like the idea of serving it with little grilled cheeses. G is not much of a meat eater, so she could mainly eat that. I was so happy for Whitney too! Thanks for the tip on Need to Breathe. I also prefer Pandora, and just added it to my list on there. Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so sweet!! Thank you for the super kind shout out and sharing our joy for baby #3! We're thrilled. I always enjoy seeing what meals you're planning for your family. My kids are getting better at trying things so I feel like we're making progress in the variety department.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts