Friday Favorites!!!

Hi friends!!!

Happy Friday!!!

How was your week???

Our's was good!! Everyone is HEALTHY and I am so thankful for that after our fun experience with the stomach bug last week. HA!

I do have to be honest and say...while we've had a good week- I have just felt "off." I don't know why (well I kind of do...#hormones) but I have just felt funky and like I can't find my groove. I am just chalking it up to life being a constant ebb and flow...and just trying to stay grounded in healthy habits (not eating crap! moving my body! getting outside!) and allowing myself to feel what I feel...but also not letting my emotions dictate my actions.

I am definitely feeling HAPPY about it being Friday! My kiddos are off school today and I am watching my friend's daughter...so it will be a FULL day...but I am pretty happy about having an extra day off the morning rush! YAY for a three day weekend!!

Here's a few FAVORITES of mine from this past week!!

ONE
Two words: APPLE NACHOS.
YUM. I made this yummy little plate for my daughter's afternoon snack the other day and she LOVED it!! Thinly sliced honeycrisp apple slices, a few Halloweeen pretzels, a drizzle of peanut butter and a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips....
this is definitely one our FAVORITE snacks!!
TWO
Speaking of yummy food...I wanted to share with ya'll two treats I donated to our school's country store that we have at our annual Halloween Carnival (which was last night!).
So real quick- everyone donates their best treats, cakes, cookies, pies, crafts and casseroles to our country store. Then they are sold and all the benefits go to the school!
It is so much fun to see all the amazing food people make and it's super fun to pick up a yummy treat or a casserole for an easy weeknight dinner!

I wanted to do a little something different this year- so instead of making a bunch of chocolate chip cookies- I made 3 containers of my BEST chocolate chip cookie dough. 
You can find the recipe HERE!
I made a laminated recipe card and included a cute Pioneer Woman spatula!!
I thought it turned out so cute!
 Another item I donated was pumpkin bread! I use Johannah's recipe- you can find it HERE!
I made a laminated recipe card to go with it and wrapped in this really cute dish cloth I got from Walmart! You can find the dishcloths HERE- they come in a pack of two!
I just thought it was fun to do a little something more than just make cookies and bread!  :)

THREE
And since all of my favorites this week seem to be revolving around yummy food..HA!...I am going to keep up with that theme and suggest you go check out my post from Wednesday where I share about these symphony bars from the blog Naptime Kitchen!
 FRIENDS. MAKE THESE BARS. They are SO good and definitely the new FAVORITE treat in our house!! And the new FAVORITE treat for me to make when we go to a party/pot-luck/cookout!! :)
FOUR
As I am writing this blog post, I am wearing my new FAVORITE sweatshirt. 
And if you guessed that I got it at Walmart- then you are right. HA!
This sweatshirt is SO cozy- not overly heavy- and super CUTE.
It's $16.96...and I know I am going to get a TON of wear out of it!!
It comes in several colors including a beautiful baby blue color and a gorgeous rose color. I was particularly drawn to this pretty off white color!!
For sizing reference- I would say stick with your regular size or maybe even size down. I got an XS and there is PLENTY of room in it!
You can find it HERE on Walmart.com and definitely check your local Walmart to see if they have them in the store!
FIVE
Oh my goodness! This quote is my new FAVORITE quote about fall.
Being outside, exploring, with the fall leaves crunching underneath my feet is truly my HAPPY place.
I am so excited because tomorrow we're going on a little fall family adventure and planning on spending all of our daylight hours in the autumnal sunshine!! We're going to visit an area in Virginia about 1.5 hours away from us and go hiking! 
We're packing a picnic lunch and I can't wait!!!
Like I already mentioned- it's a day off of school for us- so we have the whole day available to PLAY! I am going to pack everyone a lunch and we are going to spend the morning at a local nature preserve!! I am thinking ice cream cones might be in order this afternoon if everyone minds their manners while we are out and about! ;)

What plans do you have for the weekend?? Is it a chilling type of weekend or a jam packed do all the fun fall things type of weekend?

Hope you have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL Weekend!

Linking up with TifBeckyDella,and Katie too!

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!


Comments

  1. I loved how you packaged your goodies! Super cute. I need to get busy on my holiday baking...I always do cookies at Christmas for friends but maybe I'll do a little pumpkin bread this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet those baked goods were the first ones bought...what a fun idea! Sorry you had a "blah" week, and hope the weekend picks your spirits back up. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sweat shirt! I'll have to look for it at my Walmart. That's such a great idea to sell cookie DOUGH at a bake sale. You're genius and I bet it was a quick selling item.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts