Friday Favorites!

Hey hey!!

Happy Friday!
Who else is feeling pretty darn accomplished to have the first week back to reality after Christmas break under their belts?!? I know I am feeling pretty triumphant! HA!

Our week was very routine and honestly has gone pretty smoothly. SO very thankful for that...because we have plenty of weeks where all I feel like I am doing is putting out fires.

I didn't realize how packed our December schedule was until this week when I looked at our calendar and we saw that we have a lot more margin now. I love the hustle and bustle of the holidays and the "extras" that come with it...but it sure does feel good to fall back into a rhythm that isn't quite as frantic! You know what I mean?!?

Alright- It's Friday- so I have a few FAVORITES I wanted to share with you!

If you have been reading my blog for awhile, then you know my husband is pretty handy and he is always so gracious to say "yes" to making me a variety of things :) I have been wanting to add a little something to our coffee area and when I came across this mug holder from Pottery Barn- I knew it would look SO cute next to our coffee pot! I wasn't completely sold on the price or the fact that it was all metal- so I used it as an inspiration to find something like it.
So then I came across this mug holder made by the fabulous girls of Shanty 2 Chic and knew immediately that was the style I was really looking for!
I sent the plans to Aaron and he created this mug holder!
I LOVE it! It's just a little something that makes our coffee area extra cozy!
I also love having those mugs out for when we have guests.  
YAY for a super awesome husband who is always happy to tackle a DIY project for me :)
A LONG LASTING MANICURE!
So a couple weeks ago- after Aaron had basically been working for 2 weeks straight (during Christmas), I decided I needed to pop out for a manicure ;)
I really love having my nails painted- but I just really can't seem to get a good at home manicure system down. I had heard really things about "dip" manicures and the fact that they are better than gel manicures- so that's what I got. OMG. 
I am a dip manicure CONVERT!
I am going on week 3 of this manicure and while you can see some outgrowth at my nail beds- the manicure itself still looks amazing!! I have been on a vacation with my family, scrubbed bathrooms, done dishes EVERYDAY, put away all our Christmas decorations and all sorts of other things...and my nails still look great. I am amazed. HA!
Downside: at my nail salon a dip manicure is $40- and then of course I tip my nail technician. I am hoping by making a few tweaks to my "extra" spending budget I can work in getting a dip manicure every month. It is for SURE a splurge- but I feel like it really is SO worth it!
Have you ever had a dip manicure?? Did/do you love it as much as I do?
NEW SHOES!
Does anyone else get kind of giddy about getting new shoes?!
I am not really a "shoe" person, but with how much I run, I have really had to prioritize wearing good shoes having having a pretty AWFUL case of plantar fasciitis for a good portion of last year! 
I got these Brooks to train in and wear for the half marathon I am running in March (I will continue to wear them after that too). We are BIG fans of Brooks for running shoes- they are a REALLY good shoe and so comfy!
And then I picked up these fun Saucony sneakers to wear on a more everyday basis. It's kind of hard to tell- but they have a subtle camo pattern on them and I just think they are super fun. But still neutral- which I wanted since I wear them with everything!
FAVORITE NEW ENTERTAINING RECIPE
We're having some friends over for dinner and in anticipation of that, I made a big batch of Italian beef in the crock pot. FRIENDS. Why haven't I been making this recipe more often? 
It's EASY and DELICIOUS and takes little to NO effort. I also love how versatile it is. We're going to serve it sandwich style tomorrow with crusty rolls, mac 'n' cheese (thank you Bob Evans- your the best at making that for me ;) and a big salad. I plan to put the leftover Italian beef over mashed potatoes with roasted veggies for Sunday's dinner. YUM.
The leftovers would also be amazing for tacos or a burrito bowl!
(Side note- the recipe I linked to calls for 1 jar of Chicago Style Sandwich Mix. I couldn't find it at my Walmart- so I just left it out. I am sure it adds an amazing layer of flavor- but we didn't miss it!)
NOT my photo! Click HERE for the source- also has the recipe!!

Okay- friends!!
That's it for me today!!
Hope you have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend. 

And just so you know- I am VERY thankful for each and everyone of you who take the time to visit my tiny little corner of the internet and share along in my random ramblings!!

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!
Linking up with TifBeckyDella,and Katie too!

Comments

  1. I use the recipe you linked to for the Italian beef sandwiches. I also make it when we have guests over- it's SO easy and good. I've made it with the Chicago style mix and didn't think it added too much to it so I usually make it without. I hope you have a great time with your friends and a great weekend. PS, I love the authenticity of your writing. You are very real about the not so great things yet overall your tone is positive. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kind encouraging words mean more than you will ever know! Thank you!!
      Also-good to know that the sandwich mix doesn’t add that much more to the flavor to the beef! Hope you have a wonderful Friday!

      Delete
  2. Aaron did an AMAZING job with your coffee mug tree!! And your nails look fabulous. I've never had dip, just the gel. When I went with Emma just before Christmas to get hers done, the lady next to her was having hers dipped and I was so intrigued in the process of it. They came out great!!
    Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much goodness in one post!! I love your dip manicure! 3 weeks!?! That is amazing! Your coffee cup holder turned out so cute. Way to go, Aaron. Your recipe for Italian beef looks amazing. I bet my husband would love it. Great finds on the new shoes. I had plantar fascitis when Olive was a baby and it was SO painful. I'd do anything to avoid that again. Hope you have a wonderful weekend :) We've got a quiet weekend planned and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your DIY coffee mug holder. I recently set up a coffee & tea bar and love having mine. Have a great weekend! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday! I like Aaron's design for the cupholder even better than the two models. I like that all the mugs face the same way in a symmetrical way! Your dip nails look so nice. I might give them a try sometime knowing they last so long! Hope you all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts