What I am Loving Wednesday!!

Hey friends!!!

Happy Wednesday!!

How is your week going so far??
We're cruising right along...we've been pretty drama free at our house with is definitely NOT always the case...so I am feeling grateful for that!! 

I have a few, random things that I have been loving lately...and I thought I'd share them with you today!!

First up- is this SUPER simple meal planner!
I wanted something small and handy to plan out our meals every week and this little planner, that is only $6.99, has been PERFECT! You can find it HERE!
I am using this meal planner along with this daily/monthly planner to keep my life organized this year. Friends- I am LOVING this planner!! I have primarily used Plum Paper planners for the last few years and several of you recommended I try out the Emily Ley planner or an Erin Condren planner...but I stumbled across this one while "shopping" on Amazon and I loved the fact that I could return it so easily if I didn't like it. Well- I ended up loving it and seriously feel like they created the layout of this planner with me in mind :) 
It is under $30 and is just a smart, simple planner!
This is a new "system" for me- but so far I am loving my new planner and then having my meal planner as a specific place to map out our menu for the week!!

SPLURGE vs. STEAL Find!!
So- I have had my eye on fun pair of striped workout leggings from Gap for quite awhile...and when I saw they were "on sale"- I got so excited! 
Well- the sale price of $42.00 was still more than I wanted to pay for a pair of workout leggings...so I didn't get them. I was bummed, though, because I really thought they were so cute!
Well guess what? I found an almost identical pair of striped leggings at Walmart for $16.96!!
The Walmart pair is on the left and the Gap pair is on the right.
The one difference is that the Walmart leggings have a little side pocket and the Gap leggings don't. It's such a small difference it didn't matter to me!

I was SO pumped when I went to my local Walmart and they had ONE PAIR of these leggings left in my size! I totally did a little happy squeal and a happy dance. Definitely had a few people give me a strange look. HA! 

NEW FAVORITE PAIR OF EARRINGS!
Aaron got me several great gifts for Christmas this year...including this beautiful pair of earrings from Kendra Scott. They are dainty, lightweight and seriously go with everything! I have been wearing this almost everyday and love that they are from my hubby...makes them feel extra special!!
FEELING GRATEFUL FOR MY KIDDOS
So...this is a whole separate blog post..but suffice it to say...we have been in a season of parenting for quite some time that has felt extremely MONOTONOUS and at times like we are making no progress. Our kids are getting older and we are in the thick of doing a lot of training with them. Teaching them how to behave at the dinner table, teaching them how to clean up after themselves, teaching them to be on the lookout for their siblings, teaching them how to clean a bathroom, teaching them how to be responsible for their things...the list goes on and on. I have felt like a broken record and unfortunately a nag at times...but it is all being done to instill extremely important virtues that we value deeply as a family.
ANYWAY.
We are really starting to see some of the fruits of our labor...even with our two youngest kiddos! It is a slow as molasses process and not for the faint of heart...but I am so thankful that God is teaching Aaron and I about self-control, gentleness, fortitude and temperance in the season of parenting. 
And it's pretty amazing to have kiddos who can clean bathrooms, put away dishes, clean up the dining room after dinner, get their siblings dressed and make their beds- all with a good attitude (most of the times- HA!)
I am so thankful for my awesome kiddos :)

What about ya'll?
What are you loving lately??
Share with me in the comments!!

Hope you have the BEST day!
Linking up with StefanieKeriMauriSarah, and Lindsay today!


Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing that meal planner - I'm always looking for things like that! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE those leggings! I first saw them on IG when @certifiedcelebrator posted them and I thought they were super cute! I can't believe you found a WalMart dupe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those Walmart workout leggings!! They're so cute and would be a fun addition to any wardrobe. I'm trying a new meal plannings system out this year and it's been good for me. I totally get what you're saying about the monotony of parenting at times. I feel like I say the same things over and over. Lately, it's been things like stop squeezing your brother's head, close your eyes when we pray, put your dishes in the sink and all the reminders about laundry. It's so rewarding when you start to see real changes and kids initiating behaviors on their own. Keep the good work, mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are starting all those good habits with the kids at a young age, and it will really pay off later. That responsible behavior will just come naturally to them after they've done it so many times. Love the planners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many good things in this list! I love that planner - and the meal planner looks awesome! I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts