Hello Monday!

Hey friends!!

Happy Monday!!

How was your weekend??

We are starting our week with a day off school for the kiddos...which is such a NICE treat!

Our weekend was pretty low key. Aaron was on call this weekend and he had an especially long day on Saturday....which definitely wasn't my favorite...but OH WELL. HA!
We were able to meet him at our favorite pizza place for our monthly family date night and we ended up at Sweet Frog (a frozen yogurt place) to celebrate the girls getting straight A's this past quarter. Our never ending Saturday had a happy ending :) HA!

Sunday, Aaron left for the hospital super early- but was able to make it to church with us. 
We had family quiet time- we started this last week and it is definitely becoming something we want to keep up! Aaron catches up on work/studies, I get caught up on whatever I need to ;) and the kids watch a movie/play quietly/read. 
After quiet time, we went to the park and then came home for dinner and ice cream sundaes. 
It was a good day!

I did a little shopping on Saturday and thought it would be fun to share with you what I picked up!!

First- I got two different "little black dresses" to try on for an upcoming special date with Aaron. I can't give away too many details right now because in the VERY slim chance he checks in on the blog- I don't want the surprise I have planned to be ruined. I will share all about what I have planned next week!

Anyway- I wanted to get a new black dress to wear out to dinner and decided I would try these two dresses. I ordered both a small and medium in these dresses because they look very fitted...which I am not really into. I am hoping one of the sizes fits and looks "fitted" without it looking like I am wearing a spandex dress. HA! I will keep you posted!
If you had to pick- which one is your favorite? The one on the left or right??

(I am leaning toward the one on the left...I think the 3/4 sleeves look SO classy!)
Next up is this woven wrap dress from Walmart. This is a new dress that has been added to the Time and Tru line and friends- it is GOOD. I ordered it on a whim and it arrived on Saturday. The dress is lined and is very well made. It fits like a glove and is SO flattering! 
I picked up this snake skin pattern and can see myself wearing it on date nights as well as to church!! It comes in several different patterns as well as some solid colors. 
It's under $20 and is a really great classic style dress!!
And finally- I took advantage of a deal on Shutterfly where you can get a custom made mug on sale PLUS free shipping!! The deal runs through today- just use the code: MUGS to get your free shipping!  I made a mug for Aaron (his birthday is next week) and I know he is going to love it. He loves cheesy gifts like this- and I actually think the style I picked out is pretty cool!!
(I am REALLY hoping he doesn't decide to check my blog today as basically all of his birthday surprises will be ruined. HA!)

Before I sign off - I thought I'd share our menu for the week. I was feeling less than inspired to come up with meals this week- hence the VERY basic dinners I have planned out. HA!
MONDAY: Crispy chicken salads (grownups) and chicken, applesauce and green beans (kiddos)
TUESDAY: Tacos! Kids can pick between a soft shells or crunchy shells!
WEDNESDAY: "At home" Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, waffle fries and steamed broccoli
THURSDAY: Meatballs over pasta and salads 
FRIDAY: Pizza!
SATURDAY: Out!
SUNDAY: Hot dogs on the grill, mac 'n' cheese and green beans 


Hope you have the BEST day!! 
Here's to an amazing start to our week!!

Linking up with HeatherJohannahTanya and Lindsay!

Comments

  1. I love the dress on the left too. Can't wait to hear what you have planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dresses are so pretty!! I hope you find a little black dress that you LOVE. Your at home CFA sandwiches sound so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the dress on the left. I have been so uninspired when it comes to cooking lately...I can totally relate. Maybe it's a January slump. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the dress on the left. However, you'll look FANTASTIC in either one I'm sure! I love seeing other families' menu plans even if they are super simple; they're great resources for ideas when I'm in a rut. Can't wait to hear more about your special date!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both dresses, and which ever you pick will look gorgeous I just know it! I may have to check out the shutterfly deal on the mugs. That would make a cute little valentine gift for Brian from the girls =)
    Have a great Monday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always on the hunt for a great little black dress; can't wait to hear what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that dresses are beautiful! I can't wait to hear what you have planned!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts