Thursday Thoughts!

Hey friends!!

Just checking in this morning to share a few random thoughts with you!!

I am drinking some hot tea as I write this blog post...are you a tea drinker? 
I would rather be drinking coffee right now...but I need to hydrate. And water isn't my favorite...so I have found making a big tumbler of tea has been helping me drink my water! My current favorite is lemon zinger. Not sure what the brand is...I just picked it up at Walmart!

I read this devotion yesterday and it really spoke to me...and wanted to share it with ya'll.
Here's the first part of it...

“Good . . . good . . . busy . . . really busy . . . but good.” Those are my standard responses when people ask me how I am. And every single time the conversation ends and we part ways, I ask myself,
 Why did you feel the need to tell them you were busy, in the midst of also being good? And every single time, I vow to not do it the next time someone asks me how I am. 

You can read the entire reflection HERE. It just really got me thinking about the glorification of busy and how much of our identities are attached to always.having.to.be.doing.SOMETHING. And how a lot of the time- what we are prioritizing as important or NEEDS to get done is not actually what God is asking of to focus on!
Definitely something I am still thinking through and praying about!

Switching gears COMPLETELY- I picked up this facial oil from Walmart a couple days ago. Johannah shared about last week and I was VERY intrigued. I have really been trying to pay MUCH better attention to how I take care of my skin and at the same time- not have to spend hundreds of dollars on products. I have used it several times already and I am really loving it. Obviously it's going to take some time to see "results," so far so good!

So on Monday, (you can read the post HERE), I shared about how we are shopping around for a new reading chair to put in my office. Well- we found a couple we liked at Ashley Furniture and the prices we were quoted for them, by the salesperson, were RIDICULOUS. Like over $800 for a chair and ottoman. Um. NO.
So...I have continued my search online and wouldn't you know it- the chair I really like is $200 cheaper on Ashley's website! HA!
And the matching love seat is CHEAPER than the chair. I mean. What the heck? HA!
So...I think Aaron is going to go into the store and see if they will price match the website's price and we're going to get the love seat. I will keep you posted as the saga continues to play out. HA!

Okay friends...that's all the random I have for today!! Just wanted to check in and have a quick "chat!"
Hope you the BEST day!

Comments

  1. I know you’ve been looking for affordable skincare and I found a really great brand at Sephora called The Ordinary - it’s serums and products that are super affordable (like under $15) yet effective. Just in case you want to check it out :) the reviews are amazing too! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never understand why chairs are so expensive! That's nuts that the love seat option is cheaper. Do you have a Sams nearby? My store had lots of pretty furniture when I was there yesterday. I've been wrestling with the idea of being so busy and what I can do to give our schedule margins. I'm reading Simplicity Parenting right now. It's been really convicting as far as allowing for down time in our days for the kids to play vs overscheduling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you'll be able to get a price match. Love the style of the furniture that you've selected. It really is true that busy-ness is the new "virtue" in today's society. Great devotional (I clicked over.) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts