Cowboy Cookies!

Hey hey friends!!
I hope your week is off to a good start!

I wanted to share a family favorite cookie recipe with you today! We call them "cowboy cookies." I know they also go by "ranch" cookies and I think you could even call them "everything but the kitchen sink" cookies! :)

This recipe is super fun (and slightly messy) to make. I make these cookies year round- but at Christmas time- I add red and green m&m's to the top of the cookies to make them extra festive (and yummy)!

There's a lot of ingredients needed for these cookies- but trust me- it's worth it! :)
For those of you who don't care for coconut- do NOT worry. You really don't taste the coconut in these cookies- it just adds a yummy layer of texture!

Once you get all of the ingredients mixed- here is the what the cookie dough will look like!
WARNING: it's DELICIOUS and DANGEROUS :)
Here's what they look like when they come out of the oven!
Right after I take them out of the oven- I put a few m&m's on top of each cookie!
As with all cookies- you do not want to over bake these! You will want to pull them out of the oven when the outer edge starts to get golden brown!

Here's the recipe!!

I shared this recipe several years ago and someone made a comment on how unhealthy margarine is. HA! No comment :)

I will say- it is best to use margarine with these cookies. 
If you use butter- I find they don't turn out the same. But you do you! ;)
It's your kitchen and you get to decide the rules!

If you try this recipe- I hope you love it as much as we do! Cowboy cookies are one of my signature cookies I put in my Christmas cookie boxes. They are always a hit! And they are different than most of the usual cookies that are being baked at Christmas time!

Happy baking!
Have a wonderful day!


 

Comments

Popular Posts