This and That!

Hey friends!!! Happy Wednesday!!

Um. How is it that we are already half way through the week?!? 
I feel like time has been FLYING by since the kiddos got out of school!
We've been having tons of fun and totally enjoying the slower pace!!

There is really no point to this post other than to check in and share a few things with you!!

First- fun news for Aaron- he got a new grill!!!
Which is also fun news for me- because grilling is my favorite to cook in the summer! Less mess in the kitchen...and I just think everything tastes better on the grill!

To break in our new grill- we made a bunch of chicken and grilled veggies!


I love using this olive oil spray on our veggies! For anyone doing Weight Watchers- it is 0 points and it has no fake ingredients in it! I liberally spray our veggies with it and then just season them with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder and italian seasoning. 
They are SO good!!
I usually use zesty italian salad dressing as a marinade for our chicken- but I had some of this Newman's Own Light Balsamic dressing in the fridge- so I used that as the marinade for our chicken. Oh my goodness- the chicken turned out SO good!! I first sprinkled the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder and then dumped about a 1/2 bottle of the dressing over all of the chicken and then marinaded it for about 12 hours. SO simple. And it was super delicious! My husband said this is some the of the best chicken we've ever had! 
If you are looking for a simple way to give your basic grilled chicken some flavor- pick up a bottle of this dressing!!!

The kiddos and I went to the library yesterday to stock up on books and I checked out a couple books for myself!!! I used to read ALL THE TIME when I was younger and it is just something I haven't done much of since becoming a mom. I will be honest- sitting down and reading isn't something that currently comes "naturally" to me. I am going to have to force myself to do it- but I figure if I am making my kids read for 20 minutes a day- then I can do that too!! I have read several other books by Elin Hilderbrand- so I am pretty excited to read these two! 
So- I have been dealing with a major FIRST WORLD problem- but I wanted to share- since I (think) I found a resolution to my problem!!

Here's the backstory: we need a new couch pretty badly- but just don't want to invest in one just yet. Our boys are VERY rough on our furniture and I really just want to keep the one we have for as long as we can. Hopefully it will hang on for 1-2 more years!
So- our couch is a light taupe-ish brown color and our area rug is a very similar color.

There is LOTS OF BROWN in our living room. HA!
Since we decided we aren't going to get a new couch any time soon- we decided an inexpensive way we could get rid of some of the BROWN is to get a new area rug.  I found one on Walmart.com that I loved, the price was super great- so I ordered it!

Much to my dismay- it was delivered, FOLDED UP multiple times. So when we got it out of the package- it was basically ruined because there were so many kinks in it! We called Walmart customer service and they totally agreed it shouldn't have been folded...but said they couldn't really do anything about it. 
So- we returned that rug and I ordered it again- except- I had it shipped to the store- thinking- they would roll it since it would be shipped on a big Walmart truck versus being shipped/delivered by UPS. Well- guess what? The rug was totally folded, the exact same way it came the first time. UGH. I was so frustrated!! The good news is- the rug is returnable- so it's not a huge deal.

Well...I set out to find another affordable rug, similar to the one I liked from Walmart and was so excited when I found it on Wayfair's website! Since we are getting such a big rug (9X12) and we would have to pay for shipping if we wanted to return the rug- I called Wayfair to see if they could guarantee the rug would NOT be folded. Not only did they guarantee it- the customer service representative made a special note in my account and told me if it was folded- I would not be responsible for shipping. BOOM. Done and done. 
Even better news- the rug on Wayfair was on sale for $101!!! A 9 X 12 area rug, with free shipping for $101?!? 
SIGN ME UP!

Here's the rug I ordered...I am so excited to get it and I am just crossing my fingers and toes that it is rolled up as it should be and I can just put it right in my living room!
I just have to give a major shout-out to Wayfair. The guy who helped me order the rug and assured me it would not be folded was AWESOME. He even price checked the rug to see if he could find it cheaper any where else- because they price match. CRAZY!! 
I HIGHLY recommend them and will definitely be checking out their website again the next time I need to make a purchase for something for our home!!

Ok- so now that I have rambled on about grills and rugs...why don't you tell me something that's going on with you!!

Made any delicious recipes lately? Anything fun going on this week?? Made any fun purchases??
Tell me all about them!!

Hope you have the BEST day!


Comments

  1. This looks so similar to the new rugs I bought for our study and dining room. I ordered them from walmart.com and target.com, so I could return in store if I didn't like them. That's so frustrating about the folded rug, but good to know about the awesome Wayfair customer service. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so fun you have similar rugs!! I am really hoping all is fine with the rug from Wayfair...I got it for such a steal of a price...I don't want to let it go! HA!

      Delete
  2. A new grill is exciting!! I think our grill is on it's last leg. We've had it for several years and i'm kind of hoping it will last us through this summer and then we can get a new one in the fall when they go on sale =)

    How frustrating about your rug!! Why would they even think it would be ok to fold a rug?!? I don't understand people sometimes! But way to go Wayfair!! You know, I have never bought anything from them, so I should totally check them out!

    Have a great Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We retired our grill after a good solid 20 year run. It was my dad's grill and then he gave it to us. We replaced the inner parts of the grill multiple times and it has worked SO great for us! What prompted Aaron to finally throw in the towel and buy a new one is when the bottom started rusting out and literally FALLING apart. HA!

      Delete
  3. Elin books are the best! Check out Mary Kay Andrews, too! Our new favorite recipe for summer is grape tomatoes sliced, English cucumbers sliced, a bit of red onion and balsamic dressing with a dab of feta cheese. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that salad sounds AMAZING! I LOVE cucumbers!!!

      Delete
  4. I love the list. I hope the rug comes rolled and not folded! I have never shopped Wayfair but it sounds like I need to start. I love the rug you picked. Also, YES to grilling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't grilling the best?!?! And I am crossing my fingers that third time is a charm with this silly rug saga!! HA!

      Delete
  5. I just ran into your blog and it's so fun! We currently have the same "brown" situation in our family room so I've been shopping for a new rug as well. I hope your new one arrives in perfect condition! Love Elin Hilderbrand and I love seeing what everyone else is reading! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsey! So glad we aren't the only ones with a BROWN living room situation! HA! The last book I read of Elin's was from her Winter series- so I am looking forward to a light, summery read!

      Delete
  6. A rolled rug of that size? That's crazy! We bought stools for our kitchen breakfast bar from Wayfair and they are perfect. Came shipped well, quickly, and at a fair price. We buy a lot from IKEA so my husband was thrilled to not have to assemble these. Definitely will shop Wayfair again and it's great to see another recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great to know you got some bar stools from there and loved them! YAY! and major win for not having to assemble them! HA!

      Delete
  7. Your assortment of food on the grill looks amazing!! I love using dressing for a marinade so I'll be on the lookout for that Newman's kind. What was Wal-mart thinking?!?! A folded rug?? No one would want that. So glad Wayfair was much better to work with. Can't wait to hear what you thought of the rug once it arrives. We're in the same boat with your wild boy situation... I'd love to get a new family room rug, but feel like it's pointless until Fletcher is a little older. I scrubbed the heck out of it this week and we're making due. I've ordered rugs from Rugs USA before and was happy with them. Now I'm adding Wayfair to my rug radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL. What is up with our crazy toddlers?!?! HA! I was SUPER impressed with Wayfair...really excited to see if the product is as great as the customer service!! I will keep you posted!:)

      Delete
  8. I love that rug!! Fingers crossed that it won't be FOLDED! Ugh that is such a pain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your grilled veggies and chicken looks so yummy! And I was on an Elin Hildebrand kick for a while... love her books! I also LOVE reading Karen Kingsbury books... so so good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts