Little Touches of Fall!

Hi Friends!!

Happy Friday- Eve!!!

How has your week been??
Our's has been good!! We had a little hiccup when James got a fever Monday afternoon- which meant I had to miss work on Tuesday to stay home with him- but thankfully it was just a little short-lived virus and he was back to school yesterday! Fortunately, I have a fairly flexible schedule and was just able to move all of my clients to Friday. PHEW. HA!

So...I mentioned in my post on Tuesday that last year I did not put any fall decorations out. I had just gotten done unpacking and decorating our home and I just didn't have it in me. HA!
Also- I basically got rid of all my fall decor because I had been using the same decorations for the past 10 years and I was just ready for some new, fresh fall decor!

So- here we are...we've been in our house a little over a year and I am excited to show you some little touches of fall I have put up around our home!!

First- let me tell you about these wax melts I get from Walmart. They are $3.97- a little pricier than the other brands of wax melts- but they are by Yankee Candle and they smell SO GOOD. I am not ready for anything "pumpkiny" yet...so these scents are perfect for the transition period of: summer is kind of over...but it's not crisp, chilly fall yet. You know what I mean??!? HA!
I use this simple, INEXPENSIVE wax warmer to melt the wax and it makes our whole entire house SO lovely! And so much safer than candles. My crazy boys can't be trusted about open flames. HA!
Okay...so the first thing I wanted to show y'all is this open frame/sign we just put up in our laundry room. It's not fall decor- but it's new so I thought I would show it off :)
Our laundry room is a VERY small space that you walk into from the garage. You see this sign as soon as you walk in the door and I just love it!!
I got the "it's so good to be home" sign from TJ Maxx and the open wood frame from Kirklands!
Next up is my entryway table. I just changed out the sign (got the "happy fall" sign from Kirklands!) and then added the pumpkins. It's simple and neutral and I just think it looks so pretty!
I got this cute little "I am thankful for.." chalkboard pumpkin from the Dollar Tree!
I got the open frame from Walmart- you can find them in their craft area!
I have plans to change out what I hang on the frame when the seasons/holidays change. I thought it would be cute to have a "countdown to Christmas" sign up there for Christmas or maybe even a little Christmas wreath!
I LOVE changing out my throw pillows on our couch, chair and loveseat for the different holidays/seasons. I got the striped pillow- they came in a set of 2 and the "hello fall" pillow from Kirklands. Can you tell I love Kirklands!?!?! HA! They soo many amazing things!
I also have these two pillows on our loveseat.
On our couch, I went with neutral, fall colors. The orange pillows and the "sweater" pillows are both from Walmart! You can find the orange pillows HERE. Unfortunately the "sweater" pillows are no longer available on Walmart.com! :( I got them several months ago and then stashed them away. 
P.S. I know I don't need to give this disclaimer- but please pay no attention to our nasty couch. HA! It is on it's last leg and I am crossing my fingers in the next couple of months we will be getting a new couch and this one can be moved up to the kids' playroom! 
I decorated our mantle very simply. This is not the best picture as it is SO hard to take a picture with that huge TV giving off a ton of glare! 
There is not a lot of room on our mantle because of said TV...but I wanted to have a few fall "touches" on it! I picked up the pumpkins and the faux greenery at Michael's!
Here's a more up close picture of the greenery and the pumpkins!
And the last area that's decorated for fall is our little "porch!" 
Aaron made the "Harvest" sign and the wooden pumpkins and I made the burlap wreath. While I didn't decorate the inside of our house for fall last year- we did decorate our porch. So these decorations are the same as they were last year!
So there you have it! Just a few fall touches to make our house feel a little extra special over the next couple of months!!

I would love to know- do you decorate for fall? Or do you do more "Halloween" decorations? Or a mix of both? If so- have you gotten out your decorations yet??

Hope you have the BEST day! See you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites!!

I am a day late, but I am linking up with one of my FAVORITE bloggers, Whitney, today!

Comments

  1. I love all your touches of Fall. I have that same hello fall pillow from Kirkland’s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so cute! I love the neutral pumpkins and the pillows!!! I put up my fall decorations on my kids' first day of school - keeps me busy so I don't get sad! And then I add in some Halloween touches a few weeks before Halloween.

    Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great, I have been itching to decorate but it's been so stinking hot here I can't get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Love all your signs and now I want to plan a trip to shop at Kirklands! I rarely get to go to one. Looks like I'm missing out! I forgot how much I love your shiplap fireplace wall. It's so pretty!! Your home looks so cozy. We also have a playroom couch that we'd love to upgrade when the kids are a little older. Older kids aren't as messy right!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this post!?!? I love the textured pumpkins. You do such a good job with layering. the windows, the signs- all of it!!! Confession- I've never been to a Kirklands!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts