Friday Favorites: Checking In!

Hey friends!! Happy Friday!!!

How are you??

Sorry for the lack of posting this week...between work, school AND getting ready for Hurricane Florence to hit Greenville....well...let's just suffice to say it's been a bit crazy around here! HA!

Just thought I would check in and share a little bit of what's been going on this past week!!

This past Sunday Aaron and I ran a 5k together and it was AWFUL. HA!
The run itself is WONDERFUL- it's for a great cause and so many of our friends were there- but it was SO SO hot and the race was at 3:00 pm. Aaron drank waaaayyyyy too much water right before the race (stupid mistake on his part) and was so water logged he could barely run. My legs felt like 100 pound weights were attached to them AND I had to push the boys in the double stroller since Aaron was feeling so crappy. I literally chanted the whole run, "DO NOT STOP. DO NOT STOP." HA!
It was ridiculous and we were SO happy to cross the finish line!!!
Definitely not one of our finer moments...but so GRATEFUL we finished!!
And we had the cutest cheering section when we got to the end of the run, so that was AWESOME!
Today is our 12 year "first time we met and started dating" anniversary!!
About a month ago, I found out that the Zac Brown Band was having a concert in Raleigh and just KNEW I had to surprise Aaron with tickets. I checked with my sister-in-law and they could watch the kids. My brother bought the tickets for me so Aaron wouldn't see the charge on our credit card.  I called his secretary and had her secretly block off his schedule for Friday afternoon so we could leave on time to make it for the concert. EVERYTHING was SET. And then Hurricane Florence showed up!!! The concert was canceled earlier this week- which I completely UNDERSTAND. It's not like we could've gone! But we were SO bummed. Seeing the Zac Brown Band in concert has been on our bucket list since we started dating. But this is definitely a FIRST world problem. Aaron LOVED that I planned to take us to the concert and we're just crossing our fingers he comes to Raleigh next year!!

Did any of you do any shopping when Lilly Pulitzer had their sale earlier this week?!?!
I was texting my girlfriend telling her all the cute things she needed to get and she was cracking up. I was shopping for Lilly and the rest of Greenville was buying batteries, generators and water. 
HA! I have my priorities straight! Gotta get that Lilly when it's on SALE!
I picked up several REALLY pretty, fun items including this top!!
I think it will look so cute with white jeans!!
 I will be sure to share the other fun items I got once I get them in the mail!!
So, the kids had a 1/2 day of school on Wednesday and school was canceled yesterday and today. Even Aaron's practice is closed!!
I will be the first one to admit...I don't do well when things veer off our normal routine...unless I am PREPARED for it. Weekends, vacations, random Monday's off from school- I LOVE IT!
Being off school and work for a hurricane and potentially not knowing if we're going to have school next week due to flooding. Well...it's just not my cup of tea ;)

We had a pretty good day yesterday and we stayed super busy for most of it...I did lots of cleaning and got ALL of our laundry washed and put away. Aaron did final hurricane preparations around the house and we were even able to be outside a good amount!
The girls spent the afternoon making bracelets and I just LOVED watching them chat and create. We have been having a bit of a rough time with some behavior issues lately...so it just really makes my mama heart swell when we have a "good afternoon."
We don't have much planned for the weekend...most of Greenville is shut down!! My beloved Walmart is CLOSED. Say WHAT?!?! HA!
I don't know what to do with myself!!

What are your plans for the weekend???
If you are in the path of Hurricane Florence...I am PRAYING for you and your family!!!
Whatever happens...the truth is: if we have God, we ALWAYS have ENOUGH.

Have a WONDERFUL weekend and a FABULOUS Friday!

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!

Linking up with TifBeckyDella and Katie too!





Comments

  1. Stay safe this weekend!! Sounds like you're super prepared. I'm SO SORRY to hear that your super sweet secret concert plans got cancelled. I hate when fun plans like that fall through. Crossing my fingers for next year! I know your race story wasn't funny, but man, you guys had to push through a LOT to make it to the finish line. Your next race will have to feel like a breeze :) Take care this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe and dry this weekend! That is such a bummer about the concert. Keep us updated on IG on how you're doing! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts