Friday Favorites!!

Hi friends!!!

Happy Friday!! Another week has flown by and we are well into November. HOW?!? 
Time really is flying by so fast and if I am being honest...I just don't know if I am ready to embrace all the holidays things!!!

I am feeling conflicted (that sounds kind of dramatic...doesn't it?!? HA!) because we are putting up our Christmas trees this weekend due to the rest of November being packed with work (for Aaron) and traveling over Thanksgiving. I don't necessarily put up our decorations early because I am feeling it but more so because it's make the most sense and if we don't do it this weekend we seriously won't have a chance until the 2nd weekend in December. Anyway...I am rambling. HA!
Despite not feeling "ready" our trees are going up tomorrow and I hope that by blaring Christmas music and putting in my Christmas tree scented wall plug-ins....I will get in the spirit. HA!

Anyway....here's a few things that have made me smile this past week!!

//ONE//
We are LOVING our new sunroom! It has quickly become a new FAVORITE place for all of us to hang out and I absolutely love getting to drink my coffee and watch the beautiful sunrise...we have the best view from our backyard and all the big windows in our sunroom allows for us to fully enjoy it!
//TWO//
One of my friends got us the NEATEST little gift. It's called Turkey on the Table and you can read all about it HERE! Essentially- it's all about cultivating gratefulness AND helping others! Within every purchase of a "Turkey on the Table," one dollar is donated to Feeding America..and that one dollar can feed 11 families a meal. Amazing! I am so excited to start this new tradition with our kids!!
 I am so excited to start writing what we are grateful for on those paper feathers!!

 //THREE//
I shared about my new FAVORITE top from Walmart in my post on Wednesday...you can find it HERE!
It is such a CUTE, comfy "athleisure" top but it looks so much more pulled together than a traditional sweatshirt. It's $12.96 and you seriously need to go to Walmart and pick one up!!
//FOUR//
I picked up a new lipgloss and lipstick at Walmart earlier this week and I am loving them!!
They are both by Revlon. The lipgloss is called "Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss" in Snow Pink and the lipstick is "Super Lustrous Lipstick" in Pink Cognito. Both the lipgloss and the lipstick have just a hint of a pink color and look so pretty paired together!! 
For both of them- the cost was under $12! 
//FIVE//
Veteran's Day is this Sunday. Our school is having a special Mass today for all Veterans and Marshall and I are going- so we can honor and pray for ALL of the Veterans.

Aaron and I are especially privileged to have 6 Veterans in our families...2 of whom are actively serving our country. I know many of us are feeling pretty discouraged about the current state of our political system...but there is ONE thing we all MUST agree on- This country is NOTHING without the men and women who have CHOSEN to serve our country in the Air Force, Marine Corps, Navy and Army.

EVERY freedom that we have and truly take for granted, if we're being honest, is because of our EXCEPTIONAL and COURAGEOUS military. 
If you are so inclined, I encourage you to take just a little bit of time this weekend to say a prayer for our Veterans AND their family members or better yet- if you see someone in uniform- approach them and THANK them (we should be doing this ALWAYS- not just on Veteran's Day)!!

With respect, honor and the deepest gratitude- 
I say THANK YOU to our Veteran's today.

 Hope you have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend!!

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!

Linking up with TifBeckyDella and Katie too!



Comments

  1. Thanksgiving falls so early this year, and maybe that is why all the Christmas festivities seem to be gearing up earlier than usual. Due to Thanksgiving travel, we can either decorate for Christmas the week before we leave or wait until Dec 1. Love your new lipstick/gloss. I feel the same way about Veteran's Day. The high school has a huge concert Monday night with all the choirs/bands to honor the veterans. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to look for that book. Thank you for sharing it. Also, it seems like Christmas is coming earlier this year...maybe because Thanksgiving is so close! I am with you, I want to enjoy it but not sure if I am quite ready yet. At least your tree will be up and looking beautiful! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that top from Wal-Mart! We had our school Veteran's day ceremony and I loved it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel myself wanting to pump the holiday brakes. I am excited for Thanksgiving and trying to savor that holiday before going all out for Christmas. But I'm starting my Christmas shopping while things are on sale and before they all get picked over. Glad you found time to put up your tree. We usually get a real tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. I think that's the plan again this year. Your sun room looks so COZY and so does that new sweatshirt. Hope you have a great weekend. PS I saw that turkey the other day and was so tempted to buy one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts