Hello Monday!!!

Hey friends!!!

Happy Monday!!!

How was your weekend??
We had a good one. Aaron worked allllll weekend long. Poor guy is tired.
The kids and I got a lot done around the house, including a couple fun projects!

And now it's the week of Thanksgiving!! 
I know it's SO cliche to say this...but I seriously feel like last week was Halloween!! How did this last month fly by so fast?!!?

So...just a few fun things to share with you today...

I got a new nail polish this past Friday...but before I tell you about it- here's what you need to know. I fall into 3 categories when it comes to my nails- 1) Every once and a blue moon- I will get a gel manicure and it lasts for a month, 2) I paint my nails with cheap nail polish and they take forever to dry- even though they it's "quick" dry polish (and smudge easily) and they last maybe 2 days, and 3) I just don't paint my nails. HA!

So I decided to try something different when I was at Walmart! 
I spent more than I normally do and chose this really cool dark, shimmery plum color by Essie and I am LOVE it! The biggest difference I noticed with the Essie polish is how easy it went on and how fast it dried. My nails, including my top coat (my favorite is Seche Vite) took maybe 10 minutes! 
(I know Essie is a SUPER popular nail polish brand...I just have never tried it!)
I will be honest and tell you that I have a few chips on a couple of nails and it is day 3 of my manicure...BUT I was REALLY hard on my nails this weekend. I am going to re-paint them and see if they last a little longer or if that is as long as I can expect it to last!
Two packages arrived in the mail this weekend and I wanted to share about them!
We get our family photos professionally taken once a year and this is the second year I have used Mpix.com to print them out. If you talk to any photographer, they do NOT want you printing your pictures at Walgreens or Target. Mpix.com does an AMAZING job and the quality of the pictures is SO good. Their prices are super reasonable and they are always running some kind of sale!! I think I got 10 prints..several of them 8 X 10 size and my total was under $15!! Definitely check out Mpix if you are looking for a high quality photo printer...I can't recommend them enough!
The second package I got was our Christmas cards!!! YAY!!
I used a completely new-to-me company this year for our Christmas cards. I literally googled "beautiful, affordable Christmas cards" and Simply to Impress was one of the websites that popped up! 
I headed over to their website and was so excited to see so many different Christmas card options...and SO affordable! They were running a great sale at the time..so it was definitely a good time to purchase our cards!!

Anyway...I bought our cards and they came in this beautiful box!! I am a sucker for packaging and I just love this mint green/gold dot design!
When I opened the box, there was a "thank you" note and another note expressing appreciation for using their company. The cards were wrapped securely in plastic and then wrapped in foam wrapping. I was just REALLY impressed!! Our cards turned out beautiful and the color quality is PERFECT. I am so happy I went out on a limb and tried a new company this year...sometimes it's a bust (definitely had those years where I have had to print our cards TWICE) and sometimes it's a WIN! This year is definitely a WIN!
If you are looking for a high quality, affordable printing company for your Christmas cards, I can personally recommend Simply to Impress!!
This past Friday, I showed a couple pictures of our new sunroom decorated for Christmas!! You can find the post HERE! We have the cutest little tree up and the kids totally decorated it themselves. I LOVE it! We have our "fancy" tree up in our foyer, so it's fun to have this quirky little tree up too! 

Since it's an artificial tree...it has that horrible FAKE, skinny metal tree "stump." I originally wanted to get a tree collar...but because of how tall and skinny-ish the tree is...it just didn't work. So I do what I always do...I search the internet for what I am looking for and then I ask my husband to make it for me. HA! I found this DIY Scrap Wood Christmas Tree Stand, absolutely LOVED the look of it and showed Aaron. Two hours later, he had one made for me!! He is THE BEST.
We both agreed we think it would look great stained...so once we take the tree down this year, he is going to stain it for next year!
That's all the random stuff I wanted to share today!! We have a FULL two days ahead of us...then we are in Thanksgiving mode!! We are spending it with my family and it should be a wonderful time!!

I plan to take the rest of the week off from blogging (and I am hoping to disconnect from IG too) and just focus on being with my people and experiencing joy in every minute.

I am wishing you a beautiful Thanksgiving holiday and I hope you know, that you taking precious time out of your day to read my silly ramblings is something I am SO thankful for. I know my blog isn't much in the BIG blogosphere...but it sure does make me happy to show up here a few times a week and share my life with you. 
THANK YOU being a part of it.
Sending you all much LOVE!

Linking up with JohannahHeather and Lindsay today!





Comments

  1. I love Mpix! I always have our family photos printed through them - great prices and amazing quality! I tell everyone I know about them! I've used Simply to Impress for Christmas cards too and loved them as well! This year I went super duper cheap and went with Sam's Club though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard great things about Sam’s Club’s Christmas cards!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

      Delete
  2. That is awesome that you've already gotten your Christmas cards!! I'm still waiting on ours to come back from the photographer and it's killing me. I thought they'd be here by now so I could order my cards during black friday. Boo! My mom was also just singing the praises of Essie polish this weekend. I think I'm going to surprise her with that top coat in her Christmas gift bc I've heard such good things about it. And lastly, I've got Mpix on my to do list. I want to have some family pics, kid pics, etc. printed and everyone keeps recommending them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts